By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Beja-Beja said:
How the Hell did the 360 outsell the PS3 during Fifa week? Am I missing something?

People are missing this point. One of the biggest games in EU and full PS3 only advertising caused PS3 to hardly rise. I expect M$ to outsell Sony in EU from now through the holiday season. There will be the odd week or 2 where Sony leads M$, but overall M$ will take it.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Beja-Beja said:
How the Hell did the 360 outsell the PS3 during Fifa week? Am I missing something?

People are missing this point. One of the biggest games in EU and full PS3 only advertising caused PS3 to hardly rise. I expect M$ to outsell Sony in EU from now through the holiday season. There will be the odd week or 2 where Sony leads M$, but overall M$ will take it.

Is Fifa a system seller?  I didn't think it was... but then I don't buy every new Fifa to get the same game tweaked a bit.  GT5 or MGS I saw as PS3 system sellers, but not this.  Perhaps I'm wrong but I get the feeling few people expected much of a spike due to Fifa, what I'm curious about is the sales split (i.e. did PS3 get roughly equal sales or more vs 360?).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

goddog said:
http://kotaku.com/index.php?refId=5059808

looks like MS has another week to reign in japan

THIS. Everybody *THIS*.

All Sony Fanboys were saying the 360 would not get 2 weeks win in Japan over Sony. Then it was 3 and then 4. Wait even with known shortages in certain shops 360 still outdoes the PS3. ON it's REAL home turf. My point?

Others people is anyones. If you think Sony own it, anything can happen. Sony may have sold more PS3's in Japan, But for the last month they have been owned by M$. And nothing seems to cahnge that. Not even new releases by Sony. M$ have seemingly found a winning formula in Japan. And to think that they wont see that is idiotic. They will hammer out exclusives at TGS. They need to, They have to. And be damn sure that M$ KNOW that.

The exact same thing is happening in Others for M$. Even if they stay close to Sony's sales that will be enough if they keep Japan and USA strongly in front from now on.

@ selnor

All Sony Fanboys were saying the 360 would not get 2 weeks win in Japan over Sony.

I thought you considered me to be a Sony fanboy....

Haven't said anything on this topic though.

A bit of extreme Wii/360 fanboy generalization in there?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Nice wii and ds sales.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I'm starting to think the price drop will backfire eventually. Most people i know, even ones who love the 360 seem to be under the impression that there will be a new system out soon because of the drop in price.

This thread was about that issue and I said basically the same as you did on the matter :

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=43968&start=50

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Predictable for 360: it's been two weeks since the price drop hit there, has it not? The crash and burn is right on schedule.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

good number overall for xbox 360. also don't forget many beta only for 360, like end war, also soon COD WAW exclusive beta only for xbox 360

MikeB said:

@ selnor

All Sony Fanboys were saying the 360 would not get 2 weeks win in Japan over Sony.

I thought you considered me to be a Sony fanboy....

Haven't said anything on this topic though.

A bit of extreme Wii/360 fanboy generalization in there?

Toochay. :)

I have decided today MikeB I will sit side by side with you and have a laugh. Well said. :)

:)

ahcheng said:

although still outsell ps3, but a little disappointment on the numbers.
maybe supply constrain!!!
expect 360 EU number 80K above next week.

Supply constraint?? Where's your proof of that or is that what you're pinning your hopes on? As for 80k next week - that would be a BIG surprise to everyone.

I'm not pro-Sony or Anti-MS by any stretch, but the numbers for 360 did drop quite fast which could mean the price cut hasn't resulted in a sustained 360 lead over PS3 in Others.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.