By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton's at it again.

I'm sorry, when did Ratchet and Clank become a "kiddy" game? Because it's not about humans killing each other violently from start to finish?

If that's the case of what makes a game "kiddy" then most of the PS userbase ARE little teenaged boys because it woudl take an adolescent mind to come to that conclusion.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
jjseth said:
Those are honestly some very funny answers by Jack.

Even though you deny that the Wii is for kid's or is kid oriented, it actually is a kiddie console. Once the most popular games are not "Mario has a party and hooks up with the Bratz" type games, and are more adult and mature themed instead of some cutsie animal or plumber it will always be a kiddie console to me.

I honestly have no desire to buy one, ever. The reason why? The games and the silly controller. If I wanted to swing my arms around like I'm casting some spell on you or like I'm playing tennis, I'll go outside and play tennis. Also, the online for the Wii is weak at best and honestly non-existent. That's something I enjoy and going online and destroying someone. And as far as the demographic that Bod posted for the wii and PS3 are incorrect. According to him, I should LOVE the Wii and despise the PS3 and 360. Funny, it's the other way around and will be more then happy playing the PS3 and 360 for years to come.

Wiigirl, is Rachet and Clank aimed more at kids or adults? That's silly to think that there were NO games for children on the PS2, and soon the PS3.

But anyways I digress, this is not a Bash Sony thread area, so if you feel the need to bash a company, do it in another section that I won't read. Like the Nintendo section.

YEAH! I love video games and I love being a man! I play my ps3 while having sex with lots of beautiful women and fending off an angry pack of savage grizzly bears. When I'm done playing for the day I sprint to the nearest tree and rip it out of the ground, GRRRRR! I love being a man and not playing kiddy games, PS3 for the win!

Wii60 owns and that's all anyone needs

leo-j said:
hahahahahah wow, I laugh at that, but you have to admit the 360 isnt reliable, and the wii is for a younger audience, while the ps3 is more for everyone.

So Senior citizens and soccer moms are younger than 13-22 year old PS3 gamers?  Riiiiiiight

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

leo-j said:
I know guys, but nintendo made the wii for a younger audience, hence the name "Wii". But it expanded through older adults age "16+" rather quickly thats why it is now known for everyone.

Then it wasn't made for kids, because if it was it wouldn't have expanded as fast

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Threads like this are absolutely delicious for bringing out people's true colors.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I know guys, but nintendo made the wii for a younger audience, hence the name "Wii". But it expanded through older adults age "16+" rather quickly thats why it is now known for everyone.

Yep, because "Playstation" is such a mature sounding name.

Exactly what magazines and websites have you been reading? Which TV spots? Because the Wii was always clearly aimed at a widescale audience, with specific intent on getting older gamers, not kids (who already play videogames).

ertyu said:
jjseth said:
Those are honestly some very funny answers by Jack.

Even though you deny that the Wii is for kid's or is kid oriented, it actually is a kiddie console. Once the most popular games are not "Mario has a party and hooks up with the Bratz" type games, and are more adult and mature themed instead of some cutsie animal or plumber it will always be a kiddie console to me.

I honestly have no desire to buy one, ever. The reason why? The games and the silly controller. If I wanted to swing my arms around like I'm casting some spell on you or like I'm playing tennis, I'll go outside and play tennis. Also, the online for the Wii is weak at best and honestly non-existent. That's something I enjoy and going online and destroying someone. And as far as the demographic that Bod posted for the wii and PS3 are incorrect. According to him, I should LOVE the Wii and despise the PS3 and 360. Funny, it's the other way around and will be more then happy playing the PS3 and 360 for years to come.

Wiigirl, is Rachet and Clank aimed more at kids or adults? That's silly to think that there were NO games for children on the PS2, and soon the PS3.

But anyways I digress, this is not a Bash Sony thread area, so if you feel the need to bash a company, do it in another section that I won't read. Like the Nintendo section.

YEAH! I love video games and I love being a man! I play my ps3 while having sex with lots of beautiful women and fending off an angry pack of savage grizzly bears. When I'm done playing for the day I sprint to the nearest tree and rip it out of the ground, GRRRRR! I love being a man and not playing kiddy games, PS3 for the win!

lmfao, I think I almost teared up laughing so hard...

To Each Man, Responsibility
jjseth said:

If I wanted to swing my arms around like I'm casting some spell on you or like I'm playing tennis, I'll go outside and play tennis.

But... where do you go to cast spells?