By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

Holy crap, down another 450 and counting.

Around the Network

I hate to say the sky is falling but it's down 650

Nice, another 7% drop!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

damn...

down again... It makes me wonder how long it'll be before we see the Dow Jones in the 7000's...

The asian markets are in nuclear meltdown mode. The Nikkei is down over 10%. Nintendo holding up pretty well, down 3%. Sony down 7.5%.

Around the Network

anecdotal story of the day:

my dad was about a year from retirement. his retirement saving drop 35% so now he can't afford to retire. he found out he's laid off at the end of this month because his company is bankrupt. now both he and my mother (who stopped working 30 years ago after getting pregnant with my brother) are looking for new jobs so they can make their ends meet.

awesome...makes me glad i'm young and employed with a company that's still doing really well.

I highly recommand all of you to watch ZETGEIST: ADDENDUM when you're not gaming.

kitler53 said:

my dad was about a year from retirement. his retirement saving drop 35% so now he can't afford to retire. he found out he's laid off at the end of this month because his company is bankrupt. now both he and my mother (who stopped working 30 years ago after getting pregnant with my brother) are looking for new jobs so they can make their ends meet.

awesome...makes me glad i'm young and employed with a company that's still doing really well.

Don't worry at the rate things are currently going unless you work for the repo-man, an arms manufacturer, or a private security firm you'll have good odds at seeing your company crash and burn as well! Not of course that I and a great many other people won't be joining you in the bread lines...

kitler53 said:

I'm really sorry to hear that about your mom and dad. These are the people that are really hurting, those that are nearing retirement or just recently retired. It's like the 1970's starting again with seniors eating cat food and freezing to death because they can't pay their heating bills.

FishyJoe said:
WiiStation360 said:
Goodbye 9000s. Hello 8000s.

The bottom had to be here somewhere. Doesn't there?

I can't go below zero, I think...

It's pretty sad to see GM become a penny stock. They deserve it though because they have made terrible products over the years and did nothing to plan for the future. The Volt is too little too late.

Especially embarrassing since GM could have positioned themselves as the master of electric vehicles like Toyota is now the go-to dealer for hybrid vehicles. Such a short-sighted waste of an opportunity.

Meh. Human power and rails are the future of transit, anyway. Cars will be for the elite.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.