By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

Reasonable said:

Actually its not everyone's fault.  The current crash is the result of very risky trading based on an unstable sub-prime market and a whole lot of greed by a very small (compared to the population) number of people.

In the good old days most of those folks would be swinging from a lampost by now or under the guilotine when the majority lynched them for making themselves rich while screwing the country and imposing massive losses on the masses.

Luckily today they get to be bailed out and whine that it wasn't their fault there were no regulatory rules to prevent them doing what they did.

I think he means both political parties. It's my guess that the deregulation stuff wasn't stopped by Dems or Republicans because they each had some thing to gain, whether ethically or monetarily.

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
Supernova82 said:
How low will the Dow Jones fall before it starts to climb back up again?

ROFL.

Is that a serious question ???

Let me check in my crystal ball...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

this is what is called a game changing event.
Or that is what i call it at least. Just save as much money as you can, and when the market is ripe, invest everything you have and hope the company doesn't go under.
This is a time where poor people can get rich on very low stock prices.
In fact, people who sell short are making a killing right now.

9000, here we come....

well apparently yahoo finance reckons it will stop at 7000 in a few months

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

It never ends, the Dow just made a 400 point swing from +200 to -200.

megaman79 said:
well apparently yahoo finance reckons it will stop at 7000 in a few months

Noone can tell you when it will end.

It will end when it looks like the worst of the crisis is over and recovery is on the horizon.

And trying to time stocks purchase when the market is at the lowest is just not feasible as it requires a crystal ball and way too much luck.....

As long as the job market doesn't tank I'm starting to like this crisis a little more.

There should be a nice serie of Bull years on the market once this is over....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

FishyJoe said:
In Indonesia it was so bad they closed the market.

why don't they just close down ALL the markets....that would solve this crisis

Give everyone a break for say 1 week...then open em up n hope for the best

Or will my theory lead to even greater problems??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
FishyJoe said:
In Indonesia it was so bad they closed the market.

why don't they just close down ALL the markets....that would solve this crisis

Give everyone a break for say 1 week...then open em up n hope for the best

Or will my theory lead to even greater problems??

I think it will only delay the crisis.  

I didn't knew that they lowerd the rent today....And it didn't help X_X/

when this finally all blows over, there will be good potential to make money.
i have several thousand that i have on hand ready to invest in key growth stocks for 1 week, which i will then sell and buy heavy company stocks like walmart, mcdonalds, ninty, and sony.
BTW: Watch the day after Obama gets elected, stocks will skyrocket. If McCain gets elected, stocks will rise but not as much.