By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Comprehensive Console JRPG Thread.

@Gebx
He's keeping it out of the obscure for both. On the PS3 side no mention of Cross Edge, a Japan only title. and there was an SRPG if I recall that was Japan only as well.

I can't speak for the Wii but there are definitely games for the PS3 that he could have included but didn't based on his parameters he has set.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
@Gebx
He's keeping it out of the obscure for both. On the PS3 side no mention of Cross Edge, a Japan only title. and there was an SRPG if I recall that was Japan only as well.

I can't speak for the Wii but there are definitely games for the PS3 that he could have included but didn't based on his parameters he has set.

Agarest war and something with Tiara.

Shiren 3 is never going to leave Japan I guess.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Tears to Tiara, Agarest War, and Cross Edge were all left off the PS3 list as Japan only. I'll take your word on Shiren and remove it trestres.

konnichiwa said:
Torillian said:
@Gebx

Agarest war and something with Tiara.

Thanks much <3.  I fought down the urge to look it up myself since I direly need sleep.  Sad thing that Agarest War didn't make it over to the states.  We could use some legitimized console half hentai games :P  That sauna pic was hawt

@Naz: BTW, was just trying to show that all the consoles are getting the same treatment, not complaining about those titles not being in there.  Nice list.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

@Others: Monster Hunter 3 is an action game, not a JRPG.  There is no form of stat increase which is a necessary component of the genre.  You just buy different gear.  You never upgrade your actual character.

Character customisation, creating and upgrading armor and weapons, items, quests, various skills and abilties. Sounds like an RPG to me.

@Naz: Yes, SEGA never mentioned it would be released outside Japan, besides it's too Japanese oriented and it's a heavy dungeon crawler. I never understood how Baroque managed to make it out of Japan. The rest of the games look more western friendly as they are more typical RPGs.

Does Inazuma Eleven Break count?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Moon's Peak (Wii) http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28638

No scans though.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Looks good, naz. You should go through and link them all to their game pages here on vgc. That way if someone stumbles across a screen they like they'll be a quick click and a jump away from satisfaction. Of course...I know that's a bit of work....and I know you've already put in some time.

I already pointed this out above but I feel it deserves stating again:

Every Wii game left TBA on that list is absolutely valid for US publishing.

Most are published by Marvelous, who is 2 for 2 so far on their Wii RPGs with Muramasa and Little King's Story, which were their first 2 announced Wii JRPGs... who would have thought they would announce them for North America in order right?

Golden Bonds is developed by Jaleco, co-developers of Little King's Story, which again is confirmed for the US.

Fragile is not confirmed for the US, but Namco has published their other Wii RPGs in the US to this point so again, I have no reason to doubt until stated otherwise.

I'm pretty pissed that I'm getting all this crap. I gave every console the same treatment, not counting a few games I forgot. It's not easy to look up that many RPGs and their release dates as well as find sources for the validity of a stateside release.