By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i echo your thoughts. try some of the quirky games on the psp because as you quickly learned with god of war and final fantasy - it can nail the graphical adventures. so if it can also do the off beat indie style games, you know you gota winner.

try locoroco, paptapon, echochrome. as for RPGs on the psp I dont have a strong recommendation. i loved ff tactics and but most others have fallen short in the fun factor department with me. (tales of world : radiant mythology, ff1, monster hunter freedom) for sports Madden is great, even for multiplayer with the mini camp challenges.

but my most common use for my psp is the media player. i watch seasons of shows on lunch at work. and 1 gb's worth of aqua teen!! with 100+ mp3

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Before making a thread like this, at least play more games on the system.

I'd personally recommend Pokemon Diamond, Prof. Layton, and Phantom Hourglass (weak for a Zelda game, but amazing nonetheless).

I need to get a PSP one of these days...

Indeed you do naz! I love my PSP so much! I just got a pandora's battery and BOOM! I now have to access to all those obscure Japan-only PSP games. It's really marvelous.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hehe, just had a look at the weekly pole, pretty sure you're not going too many people empathising with you in this thread, but each to their own.

To me this is the equivalent to people using anecdotal sales. How? Well anecdotal uses a small minority to predict a majority which is simply worthless.

Not ragging on ya starcraft, but it's similar becasue you've played very few games to give a full opinion of the hardware. And I know you took courteous time to point out how you were doing it but why? That's when you should have stopped and said hey my preliminary opinions don't mean anything just like the guy who goes into a store sees something sold out and implies its sold out in the entire state.

I respect your early opinions based off your limited time of both hardwares but next time skip out on something like this as its probably for the best.

On a personal note I hope ya have more time to experience both handhelds and their software considering they both have must buy software.

I just want to point out, FFXII Revenant Wings is more of an RTS than an RPG.

Around the Network

@ galaki

Good point. Looking back, there isn't too much RPG in there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The other day I was at Best Buy, and gave both handhelds a shot for 15min or so each. My conclusion?

DS >>>>> PSP

The ds beats the psp in sales and in software.But hey everyone has it's on opinion don't they?
*Sigh*

outlawauron said:
makingmusic476 said:
Before making a thread like this, at least play more games on the system.

I'd personally recommend Pokemon Diamond, Prof. Layton, and Phantom Hourglass (weak for a Zelda game, but amazing nonetheless).

I need to get a PSP one of these days...

Indeed you do naz! I love my PSP so much! I just got a pandora's battery and BOOM! I now have to access to all those obscure Japan-only PSP games. It's really marvelous.

What. The. Fuck.

Onyxmeth said:

Your opinion is a valid one starcraft but I do need to point out something odd. You still play Pokemon on a Gameboy Pocket and yet you didn't give the DS Pokemon game a chance? Seems like you didn't really give the handheld a fair shake, as you weren't playing the games that may interest you most. It seems you like turn based RPGs the most out of JRPG styles, and yet you used some odd hybrid RPG thing like Revenant Wings to judge the DS with.

Nothing I said should take away from the PSP though. That's an awesome little handheld in it's own right.

I haven't given any Pokemon game since the first generation of Pokemon a fair shake.  They just haven't appealed to me.  One thing you did point out is valid too me though.  I will try another of the FF's on DS before I make any permanent decisions regarding which console to keep. 

But I do REALLY want to play Jeanne De Ark.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS