By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White Knight Chronicles or Last Remant which will sell more?

is Last Remnant a timed 360 exclusive, or does the PS3 version have a confirmed 11/20 release date? SE website still lists PS3 version as TBA

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

I think Last Remnant will win.

The Last Remnant is multi (it's even on PCs), still, it depends on how many PS3 users buy it... But going for the "safe" bet, Last Remnant...

I quality, i think WKC will be the best, but only because in the development of both games i think Level-5 > Square Enix using Unreal Engine 3...

Ps3 users don't seem to welcome old timed exclusives that well so I'm not sure how TLR will sell on Ps3. WKC will only come out in Japan this year and later in 09 America gets it and EU. I would have to say TLR will move more copies.

TLR has a strong chance of winning, I know friends that will buy the game just on the SE brand alone.

Whats funny is that SE is still stating that the reason for the delay of the PS3 version is due to difficulties in coding for the console with the unreal engine when everybody had already assume that the game is another bought timed exclusive by MS.

Level 5 has yet to dissapoint me as a company when it comes to quality games, so I have high hope WKC will be an excellent JRPG and the first JRPG to achieve success on the PS3.

Around the Network

Unfortunately, TLR will sell more because of SE name and reasons stated. But the game (TLR) screams mediocrity to me, while WKC really seems like a AAA effort on first impressions.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
Unfortunately, TLR will sell more because of SE name and reasons stated. But the game (TLR) screams mediocrity to me, while WKC really seems like a AAA effort on first impressions.

Then explain Infinite Undiscovery?  The game has the SE name but the game still isn't selling very well.  It even had TV commercials.

Riachu said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Then explain Infinite Undiscovery?  The game has the SE name but the game still isn't selling very well.  It even had TV commercials.

But wasn't IU Tri-ace, while TLR is SE main dev studios.  Maybe in the West, people won't differentiate the two as much, but I know the Japanese will.  We'll see, just my opinion.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Riachu said:
FinalEvangelion said:

Then explain Infinite Undiscovery? The game has the SE name but the game still isn't selling very well. It even had TV commercials.

I believe he was speaking subjectively, as in comparing TLR to WKC, neither have the backing of a long established franchised but at least TLR has the big fat SE brand. Level 5 is no where near as famous as SE (at least to western consumers).

edit: as FinalEvangelion has already posted, the above is my intepretation of your question. :/

I also agree that TLR will do better than WKC as it is multi, but for quality i think WKC will vastly be the better game!