By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will Punch-out Wii control?

@megaman79 - you mean overstatement, surely? BB controls would only be alienating 75% of the Wii populace, not more than 90%.

Around the Network

Yes overstatement, and by the time this is released BB's will be in 10,11 or 12 million homes.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

If they use Wiimote+ with nunchuck and balance board this game will give poepl one hell of an work out, wich for me would be awesome.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It'll probably support Motion Plus, Classic Controller, GC/Wavbird, Nunchuk w/ Wii Remote, the Wii Wheel, AND the Wii Zapper. Everyone will have their favorite control scheme!!

I was fine with ws boxing actually, no wm+ needed.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Well the original punch-out!! had motion controls (with power glove!) so I would find it hard to believe that they won't make it motion controlled.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

If it's not motion controlled then I wouldn't bother with it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

thekitchensink said:
dougsdad0629 said:
mowe said:
They'll definitely add Motion+ support and, if they're smart, dual Wiimote support as well. So it'll offer multiple control schemes (maybe even classic NES style, like you said). I don't think they will go for Classic style only, because that would be ignoring the Wii's motion sensing capabilities completely. And not making sure MotionPlus is the standard for all Wii games would be stupid as well.

It's that kind of thinking right there that's responsible for the majority of the shit being shoveled onto the Wii.  No developer should ever feel that they HAVE TO use motion controls.  They should only be added to a game if it fits.

And you fail to see any benefit for a boxing game to add motion control.  *sigh*

I'm speaking about the line of thinking that says the motion controls HAVE TO be there.  If they put them in Punch-Out and it works, great.  If they put it in there and it sucks, but leave it in because they feel compelled to, then that's just wrong.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

I agree with dougsdad in the way that I feel most of my Wii games, the controls have been forced. I personally feel that SW:FU Wii version was rushed because of the the release dates of another developers versions (PS3/360). But more on point I think many companies realise the obvious, why make a Wii game that doesn't utilize the controls and it would be bashed hardcore if a game did come out without it for the most part. So they slap something together that doesn't half-ass work. That is exactly the way I feel with most games I have. So I think Doug is right on point with his sentament.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself