By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will Punch-out Wii control?

dougsdad0629 said:
mowe said:
They'll definitely add Motion+ support and, if they're smart, dual Wiimote support as well. So it'll offer multiple control schemes (maybe even classic NES style, like you said). I don't think they will go for Classic style only, because that would be ignoring the Wii's motion sensing capabilities completely. And not making sure MotionPlus is the standard for all Wii games would be stupid as well.

It's that kind of thinking right there that's responsible for the majority of the shit being shoveled onto the Wii.  No developer should ever feel that they HAVE TO use motion controls.  They should only be added to a game if it fits.

And you fail to see any benefit for a boxing game to add motion control.  *sigh*

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I really hope its as hard as the original(thats what she said). And that the skill part of the game is all about timing and pattern recognization and rythm.

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Hopefully it will use only proper Wii controls, as all Wii games should; they vastly improve the games that offer them as a replacement for, not a complement to, traditional control schemes. Kinesophobes -developer and gamer alike- need two options, and only two: take the plunge or don't play.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

1) Classic control
2) Wiimote+Nunchuck
3) Wiimote+Nunchuck+Wii balance board.

I hope its motion based but more in depth then Wii Sports.

Around the Network

Oh wow i completely forgot about the Balance Board. I hope it doesn't use it cause i don't wanna pay $90 for Wii Fit so i can get Punch-out

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Cmon its gonna be wicked with the BB. Def. gonna use remote / nunchuk and probably will use BB maybe just for ducking and weaving

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I think it would be great if the game used the classic controller just for the fun of playing it SNES Super Punch Out style.

16-bit gamer said:
Oh wow i completely forgot about the Balance Board. I hope it doesn't use it cause i don't wanna pay $90 for Wii Fit so i can get Punch-out

If they allowed it (which would be a neat idea), they would only make it an option for more precision.  They are intelligent enough not to alienate 90% of their possible consumers.

And your sig WILL get you reported by the way.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Just to remind you 8 mill. BB sold. 33 mil. Wii's. 90% is a severe understatement.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.