By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will Punch-out Wii control?

By looking at the trailer it looks like it controls somewhat the same as the N.E.S. version. It doesn't look like it controls anything like Wii Sports Boxing. Maybe you won't even use the nunchuck and you'll just turn the Wiimote sideways. Maybe it'll use Motion +

what does everyone else think?

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

I'm hoping for straight-up traditional controls. Not every game needs motion controls tacked on.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

They'll definitely add Motion+ support and, if they're smart, dual Wiimote support as well. So it'll offer multiple control schemes (maybe even classic NES style, like you said). I don't think they will go for Classic style only, because that would be ignoring the Wii's motion sensing capabilities completely. And not making sure MotionPlus is the standard for all Wii games would be stupid as well.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

well motion plus would be difficult cause only one of your hands would be 1:1, the nunchuck would be off. Now they should come with a nunchuck motion plus.

mowe said:
They'll definitely add Motion+ support and, if they're smart, dual Wiimote support as well. So it'll offer multiple control schemes (maybe even classic NES style, like you said). I don't think they will go for Classic style only, because that would be ignoring the Wii's motion sensing capabilities completely. And not making sure MotionPlus is the standard for all Wii games would be stupid as well.

It's that kind of thinking right there that's responsible for the majority of the shit being shoveled onto the Wii.  No developer should ever feel that they HAVE TO use motion controls.  They should only be added to a game if it fits.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
mowe said:

Agreed. It just wouldn't make sense if Nintendo was to announce a peripheral to improve motion recognition, and then announce a boxing game that completely forsakes motion all together. If anything, this is Nintendo's premier "Now that you've bought Wii Motion Plus..." Game. Which isn't to say it won't work without it (there will probably be multiple configurations), only that it will surely be built with the + in mind.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Nintendo seems to be very into multiple control schemes e.g. Mario Kart and Brawl, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to have a multitude of options.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

To go along with what Mowe said, Nintendo's in its "bridge" phase, and is trying to get the new gamers a bit deeper into gaming. I don't see how reverting to buttons on a game that obviously would benefit from motion controls would help that cause.

Probably multiple control schemes.

For sure they will use motion controls though. Prob gonna be like wii boxing. Punch with nunchuk & wiimote. Block same way as wii boxing. & dodge same way a wii boxing as well. Pretty much same controls as wii boxing but will be harder :p

What is the point in bringing back Punch-Out!! if you can't use motion control??? It is obvious that this game will use the wiimote AND the nunchuk. Now the question is : will motion + be part of the control? Could it be possible to use the balance board as well?