By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resistance 1 SOLD only 1 Million, GEOW2 to sell 8 Million -- GT Bonus Round

Resistance outsold Gears in OTHERS HAHAHAHA. It did. And Resistance is closer to two million in US than 1 million. Its the biggest 1st party title in Europe for Sony and sold better than any launch title on the 360.

LOL XD at Lost Planet thing. How recent is this?

Around the Network

I just saw it, and it wasn't Pachter that said that R:FOM sold 1 mil, it was that blue shirt guy. IDK about u, but COD 5 being more anticipated than R2 is a joke.

Edit: I misunderstood the OP, Pachter didn't say it.

SnakeEyez said:

I just saw it, and it wasn't Pachter that said that R:FOM sold 1 mil, it was that blue shirt guy. IDK about u, but COD 5 being more anticipated than R2 is a joke.

Well... Considering CoD 4 is the best selling FPS ever...

Pachter isn't bad by the way. He just looks bad in the Bonus Round because he says everything on his mine but when he makes actual predictions, they're not bad.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
SnakeEyez said:

Well... Considering CoD 4 is the best selling FPS ever...

Pachter isn't bad by the way. He just looks bad in the Bonus Round because he says everything on his mine but when he makes actual predictions, they're not bad.

yea that's true, but COD 4 was made by Infinity War, COD 5 is Treyarch. It's practically a different franchise.

I believe he meant 1 million Resistance 1 in America. It's hard to predict resistance 2 because Resistance 1 was a launch title and that was basically the only good exclusive games for the PS3 that appeals to hardcore for over a year...

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
outlaeauron -

Resistance was in a bundle for 3 months. From July to September, Sony put Motorstorm and Resistance in a bundle only in Europe.

Adding the sales from week ending July 7th to September 29th is 240,776 units. People love to undermine the PS3.

So the bundles have accounted for ~17% (out of a total 1.45 mil) of Resistance's sales in EU. Thats discounting the 1 mil in US as well.

The bundle started July 13th. And the Starter Pack was dwindling in supply in early August. I gave you two extra weeks in July and the whole month of September.

For future reference

Yay! Someone remebered my post!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the whole show was just praising MS and gears constantly for no good reason,,,I mean I can understand if they talk about it for 1/3 of the show but not for 3/4 of the show,,,,,,did they openly asked MS to pay them so they hype Gears 2 more?

don't get me wrong gears is gonna be awesome,,,but these are journalist that are supposed to inform people about upcoming games,,,instead they just mentioned other shooters very briefly and did a 20 min commercial for Gears2 .

they didn't even mention socom.

FishyJoe said:
I actually have more respect for Pachter than most other analysts. He actually takes time to read about stuff in forums such as VGChartz. He also puts himself out there rather than most others that never give interviews. His track record actually isn't that bad when compared against a lot of the other analysts.

He does check the VGC forums does he?

Are you Michael Pachter?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

SnakeEyez said:

Well it is. COD 5 is going to be one of the top selling games in 2009. COD: World at War however is something that no one should excited for.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Gears 2 to sell 8? Better then Halo 3? I can't see this happen. 6m - ok, even 7m, but there are no so many games that can beat Halo3 in sales. Yes it is posible, but the % is no more than 10-20.