By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit Visuals: Umm.... Damn!

RolStoppable said:
The graphics look like crap, I have seen better stuff on the NeoGeo Pocket.

QFT, I mean the Atari 2600 could handle those graphics, that's so 2nd gen...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I'm going to say what I say in each one of these threads.

It looks good... for a Wii game.

I don't understand what people want from these threads... People constantly talk about "Gameplay > Graphics" yet post pics/videos from this game ad nauseum. Then people tell them the game looks good, for being on the Wii, and they're trolls or something else like that.

The game looks good for a non-HD game. And there are plenty of games out there that put that to shame. Most of the games that put it to shame are PS360 games, and a few Nintendo made Wii games, but still, there are games that look so much better than that.

I should stress again, that the game does look extremely nice though. ^_^

Careful bro or Onyxmeth will throw you a mod warning because you mentioned PS3/360 in a thread that doesn't talk about the HD consoles at all =p

Color me impressed, it looks tons better in motion. AI looks a little shitty though, they're kinda just standing there being mowed down most of the time. Also, bragging about depth of field seems strange when the visuals have other goodies far outweighing it and also because it has been present in the genre since Call of Duty many years ago.

DMeisterJ said:
SHMUPGurus said:
11ht11 said:
in before the killzone screens....

...and Black.

And Killzone 2, Gears, and Resistance.

The Black comparison was so stupid.  Black looks nowhere near as good as Conduit.

true but isn't that much inferior either.

but black textures are more nicely and antialiasing is more pleasing to the eye.

i am hoping conduit textures and antialiasing hiccup are just a developing problem and won't be in the final version.

I'm glad there's at least one dev group (beyond Nintendo's first party titles) trying to produce something better than shovelware and with as much graphic polish as they can provide, and the game looks quite good - for a Wii game.

But for the most part these graphics are not much different than in PC shooters we saw from 2001 to 2003.

Now, graphics aside, the gameplay from what we've seen looks very standard and uninspired as far as FPS goes. We haven't seen that much, so I could be very wrong, but it's not at all like that gripping feeling you felt the first time you saw previews for Half Life or RTCW etc, back in the day.

Around the Network

My psp can handle those graphics.

I honestly don't understand where the bad AI comments are coming from, like Ps360 has better AI.

first of all, the difficulty is hard set to easy right now. Secondly. When I go to play Halo 3 or Gears of War, the enemy's are no smarter than what i see in these videos. In Gears of War you have enemies that sit behind walls popping there heads up into view every few seconds so you can shoot them. In Halo 3 (which people bragged about how good the AI was)you have all the guys running around in circles until you unload a full clip to take em down. Not to mention your allies love to run right into enemy fire.

Definitely looks better in motion like most games. I mean I could state the obvious that it looks good for a Wii game but I'm not going to state that because determining how good a game looks is based on polish not comparison. The game looks good graphically but still needs finishing touches but of course doesn't release for another 6 months thereabouts.

RolStoppable said:
ph4nt said:
I honestly don't understand where the bad AI comments are coming from, like Ps360 has better AI.

first of all, the difficulty is hard set to easy right now. Secondly. When I go to play Halo 3 or Gears of War, the enemy's are no smarter than what i see in these videos. In Gears of War you have enemies that sit behind walls popping there heads up into view every few seconds so you can shoot them. In Halo 3 (which people bragged about how good the AI was)you have all the guys running around in circles until you unload a full clip to take em down. Not to mention your allies love to run right into enemy fire.

That's a popular trick used by developers to make the player feel more godlike: "Wow, these trained soldiers got killed by enemy fire within a few moments and me who is playing the game for the first time is surviving much longer than them. I really kick ass!"

Hmm i didn't look at it that way, I guess Halo 3 is trying to be like all the movies. The Hero always has an invisible bullet reflecting shield redirecting all bullets to the heads of nearby companions.

Sansui said:
I'm glad there's at least one dev group (beyond Nintendo's first party titles) trying to produce something better than shovelware and with as much graphic polish as they can provide, and the game looks quite good - for a Wii game.

But for the most part these graphics are not much different than in PC shooters we saw from 2001 to 2003.

Now, graphics aside, the gameplay from what we've seen looks very standard and uninspired as far as FPS goes. We haven't seen that much, so I could be very wrong, but it's not at all like that gripping feeling you felt the first time you saw previews for Half Life or RTCW etc, back in the day.

I think that the control scheme really makes it stand out compared to most other FPS's. That's one of the main reasons I'm getting this game. That, and it looks really fun. Reminds me a lot of HL, which is a good thing.