By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC World's 10 Most Overrated Products Vs Underrated: Wii Mentioned ...

goddog said:
so what basically what is cool and trendy is overrated stuff people ignore is underrated... gee i could have done this list

also in the windows world xp>vista.... though 3.11>xp... at least for me heh thoguh i prefer osx overall... and os 8.9>9.2 um appleIIe>everything, simply because of oregon trail and number munchers.

I would have to agree. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Zucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PSP is Underrated.

Haha funny thing is it used to be way way overrated haha.  And then DS just cleaned slate and really the only place it could go after DS got all the media was underrated haha.  Fact of the matter seriously haha.

When everyday you read the sentence "the DS is a monster" multiple times, its easy to forget that in 2004 the most common things said were that the PSP was going to take over the portable world, and the release of the DS was proof that Nintendo was panicking.

patjuan32 said:
List like this smell of bad Journalism. There are no explanations that defines why one product is overrated and why another product is underrated. The Author could have just said the Wii sucks, Apple sucks, and I hate my life because I work for a meaningless magazine.

Or subconscious conditioning?  Perhaps due to an impending announcement a portable game device from MS?

Final-Fan said:
goddog said:
so what basically what is cool and trendy is overrated stuff people ignore is underrated... gee i could have done this list

also in the windows world xp>vista.... though 3.11>xp... at least for me heh thoguh i prefer osx overall... and os 8.9>9.2 um appleIIe>everything, simply because of oregon trail and number munchers.

I would have to agree. 

did your family die of dysentery too? or did indians steal all your food

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
Final-Fan said:
goddog said:

I would have to agree.

No, I'm the cautious type, so I was pretty careful and I only ever had one or maybe two die of sickness, and I don't remember Indians ever stealing off me but I might just be forgetting. 

My brother was crazy though; he liked to buy no supplies but thousands of bullets, and hunt his way through life.  His playthroughs sometimes took years and years (in-game).  Like, he got stuck in the pass for winter and just stayed there for an extra year or something. 

And he liked to drive at the Grueling pace with Meager rations just for fun.  Yes, his trail was indeed a trail of tears, littered by the dead. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

I didn't like the version I had on my Mac SE as much. The graphics were better but it was less fun, especially the hunting as I recall (in both regards). And -- hilariously -- my Apple IIe had a color monitor while the Mac SE had a built-in B&W, so it was a downgrade in that way (and maybe size too, I forget though).

Final-Fan said:
goddog said:
Final-Fan said:
goddog said:

I would have to agree.

No, I'm the cautious type, so I was pretty careful and I only ever had one or maybe two die of sickness, and I don't remember Indians ever stealing off me but I might just be forgetting. 

My brother was crazy though; he liked to buy no supplies but thousands of bullets, and hunt his way through life.  His playthroughs sometimes took years and years (in-game).  Like, he got stuck in the pass for winter and just stayed there for an extra year or something. 

And he liked to drive at the Grueling pace with Meager rations just for fun.  Yes, his trail was indeed a trail of tears, littered by the dead. 

ahh i remember once forgeting to buy food and having to do that, but i had enough oxen, axels, and wheels 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Yeah, I think he probably had wagon repair supplies too, but no food, just bullets.

Final-Fan said:

I don't know what version I was playing, but I once got a pop-up saying a Bandit stole 18 oxen while I was sleeping. Eighteen oxen, without waking my guy up.

Another time someone stole $86 dollars. Which was odd because I had NO money at all. I checked my inventory and for money it said -$86. How did that happen. Did some theif try to steal money and when he didn't find any left a note that said:

"I was going to rob you, but you're broke. The way I see it you owe me $86 for my trouble. Just mail it to the address I wrote below. Love, Your Robber."

Man the Oregon Trail was fun.

If anything the Wii is underrated and hated on more than anything on that list.

Also, Zune is pointless so I don't know what thats about.