By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest Flop of Last Generation

I would say the GameCube as well. Even if it was a highly profitably system for Nintendo, it cost them dearly in the eyes of the public. All too often, gaming was spoken about in terms of "PS2 and XBox" or "Sony and Microsoft", and to nearly every segment of the public, it was as though Nintendo had declined into irrelevance in the console market like Atari. There was even talk of the PSP destroying Nintendo by taking over their final stronghold in the portable gaming market.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Around the Network
yungmagic09 said:
I think the Gamecube to Game Boy Advance connectivity feature.

Yeah, same thing. I really wanted to get the most out of Four Swords Adventures and Crystal Chronicles, but one third party cable didn't work on my SP, and then when I got another cable for it (first-party this time), but I was already done with both games. What a waste. >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SmokedHostage said:
Acevil said:
UMD Movies could also be considered a flop, but is that last generation or this?

PSP is this generation so no..

i always considered it last gen... it came out before the 360 right? i wouldnt consider it a flop... but umd movies yea.... i still dont understand why sony did not go solid state for the psp

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

ymeaga1n said:
matt247 said:
The PSX. I liked the original xbox controller because it fitted perfectly in my hands, the 360 is a little too small for my hands. i guess there are too many 12 year olds with tiny hands, so that's why the controller got smaller.

Hell yeah, the duke was awesome for my big hands too.

i loved the duke as well black and white buttons were in better places

The Dreamcast, sadly.

It had so much promise. =[

Around the Network
scottie said:
PSP has already outsold all non-Nintendo handheld gaming devices - including devices made by Atari, Sega, Nokia and Apple.

The PSP did pretty well for itself

give apple a few years, apple plans on 10mill+ iphones this year  so give it 3 years. and the classic ipod has crushed the psp

I thought this thread was about games... but the bouncer was the biggest flop last gen

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I thought this thread was about games... but the bouncer was the biggest flop last gen

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

The N-Gage was a running joke -- while it was being sold.

It also, unlike some of the newer multi-purpose units, sold as a gaming machine first (at least at Gamestop).

(This is unlike Apple, which is trying to sell the gaming features of its music player and phone units).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

N*gage. I think the marketing alone was more than sales revenues.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself