By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WalMart.com PS3=SoldOut

last week when the deal was going on with the free controller, circuit city ps3 pick up was all sold out around bay area. but still available online. this week, ps3s are showing up as in stock again for in store pickup.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

the ps3 will outsell everything in 2009

Most Circuit City stores in Los Angeles (7 out of 10) are sold out of PS3s right now.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

katsuraji said:

Lol I hope that's sarcasm, either way I got a good laugh out of it.

katsuraji said:

I remember hearing that before, but the year wasn't 2009 it was 2007.

Around the Network
sharky said:

Umm...PS3 is not sold out at Wal Mart.com when I checked..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5272701

It's also in stock at Best Buy.com, and those are the only two places I checked.

I'm sure the Xbox360 Elite is still sold out everywhere though. Lets go make hundreds of threads about that!

It looks like the sold out one has the free remote. Since I dont know how long that SKU has been out or if it will be replenished...I dont think it counts. Isn't the free remote offer old?

Fact checking is not the fanboy way.

I imagine the PS3 sales will be twice what they were the week before last. Since the Wii outsold the PS2 4 to 1 that week and it should be about 2 to 1 for last week's sales. PS3 sales were about 50,000 last week so I say around 100,000 last week. This is about the same as the PS2 price cut from $300 to $200.

The price cut of the PS2 from $300 to $200 doubled sales and that lasted for a long time. However, that was a huge price cut. Not only was that proportionally twice as big as the PS3 price cut, it was to a price which was percieved as a very good value, a measly 200 dollar. The PS3 price cut is basically from an extremely high price to a very high price. $500 is still too much for most consumers(They'll take out the game bundle and drop the price of the 80 GB to $500 I'm sure). I imagine the PS3 sales should be back to pretty close to what they were within 1-2 months. The release of some bigger titles later should raise it higher than they were 2 weeks ago before the price cut. They don't really have more than a couple of titles that are really huge though. Big, yes, but not huge. I think the only game that will sell better than MP3, SMG, and SSBB is GTAIV, and that game will probably increase 360 sales more than PS3, especially when the price drops to $300. I guess we'll see if Warhawk does well, but with the PS3 having a much smaller user base than the Wii it's going to be hard to outsell MP3 and impossible to outsell the other 2.

The biggest sellers this year for both systems will probably be:

PS3:

Lair
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
*Grand Theft Auto IV
*Warhawk
*Ratchet and Clank
*Guitar Hero III
*Assassin's Creed
Mercenaries 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Unreal Tournament 3

Wii

*Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Disaster: Day of Crisis
*Guitar Hero III
Zack and Wiki
Battallion Wars 2
Wii Music
Manhunt 2
*Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Soulcalibur Legends
*Super Mario Galaxy
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
*Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
*Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
*Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No More Heroes(might be 2008)

I starred the ones that I predict will sell the best.

The Wii's games should keep it sold out. The PS3's will probably give it a decent holiday season although I think as long as the 360 drops its price it should beat the PS3. I'm not as familiar with the 360 list since many of the games it's relying on are originals, but most would say it's at least as big as the Wii's lineup.

Wii has supply shortage and is cheap. Stop trying to ruin the PS3's good fortune as of right now. Not flaming but just stating facts. If the PS3 were 249 you wouldnt be able to get one for 10 years. :(

Hey deadhorse, whydon't you post the 2008 lineup for PS3 and Wii. Would look a lot different.

WiiGirl76 said:
There's already a general thread about this issue, no need to open a new thread each time the PS3 seems to be sold out in some store...

No we will make a thread about the Wii when IT IS NOT SOLD OUT MOEHAHAHA.