By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the SMS hate?

I remember liking Sunshine actually, great game, much easier to controll than Mario 64. The graphics were amazing and it held me there, If I had t choose between it and Mario 64... I really don't know which was better, I liked the functions fludd brought, I like flying and the such.But back then I made sure to be completely oblivious to others opinions before buying a game. So I didn't know people disliked it until recently.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

It was a great game, but not the great game people wanted ...

well, my problem is not exactly with fludd. I thought it was too short with that stupid blue coins filling the game with "length". I also disliked Yoshi's mechanic. I enjoyed playing around with Fludd and the levels were most of the time beautiful and well designed IMO. but the blue coins were reaaaaaaaaaaaally stupid. however, just the bonus levels make the game awesome!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

SMS is a great game. I don't think it is as good as SM64 or SMG, but I had a lot of fun with it. I guess it was marked down because of the water pack and not enough innovation. I found it amazing, although there were too many blue coins and not enough levels to play in. Other than that though, it was great and should be considered one of the best games on the GC. Definitely not a weak point in the series.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Screw the Sega Master System!! Nes was where it's at!

Around the Network
perpride said:
Because I had to run around and clean stuff up.

@SHMUPGurus - You called it on to yourself with that one. Please explain how it was better than 64.

The engine was much more functional, and the shadows were definitely more apparent in that regard. In Super Mario 64, it happened often that I feel down mushrooms in that mountain world and stuff because I couldn't see Mario's shadow on top of them (and the camera used to move way too fast when you fall, apparently your shadow is 5 meters above yours or something!).

I have to say that I really liked the castle, but Delfino Plaza is also pretty cool! It's easier to find your next stage in Super Mario Sunshine, and it was quite hard compared to SM64, meaning it was much more satisfying when you get to the ending. Also, there is an actual story in Super Mario Sunshine! ;)

I'm mostly saying it's better than Super Mario 64 because of the controls, camera and story. But I have to admit that Sunshine will never beat the first feeling I got while playing a 3D Mario game for the first time. It's technical improvements, that's all.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I loved Sunshine at the time. My kid still makes me play it almost weekly. Aside from the fact that the camera goes apeshit on some levels, I think it was very worthy, and damn near epic!

Mario Sunshine, is in it's own right, a great Mario platformer. One of the big issues that disappointed many is that the "vacation" theme made the game feel somewhat like a spin-off instead of the more traditional mario game themes that people have come to expect. Going from Sunshine to Galaxy, for me, was actually more of a different style of game to me. Coming from hating Mario 64, that's an odd difference. :p

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I liked it quite a bit, but Galaxy is better for me at least

There was no coherent plot to move the game along