By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Chains of Olympus looking better!

Looking at the latest screens, you can see what RAD have done with the game.  The first shot is from the Sony Gamers Day in May (it's been anti-aliased because I had to resize it down).  And the second is from E3.  Check them out!

In the bottom shot (the second and most recent), the lighting is much better.  There are light shafts in the scene and you can see more damage to the large door in the background.  And much better shading all round.  Could this latest build of Chains of Olympus be using the full 333Mhz power of the PSP?

It certainly is stunning looking! 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Kind of looks like there are some better textures and more of a softer look to the new screenshot.

Still can't believe this is what a hand held game looks like now :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Wow, this game is looking better and better, with a game like this (yes the PSP still needs more games) and the new version coming out the Hollyday season may look very good for the PSP, (lets not get into comparing it with the DS again, that is a phenomena of its own)

@ El Duderino

LOL. Cool signature.

Around the Network

Looks like they're really squeezing the power of of the PSP. It looks fantastic for a handheld game.

Dallinor said:
Looks like they're really squeezing the power of of the PSP. It looks fantastic for a ANY game.

Fixed :D

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

what they could'nt have released this game on the PS2????? they're forcing me to buy a PSP, those screens look amazing but this game should've been on the PS2.

^^ I never though I would welcome UltimateWar but I guess it´s ok now, so welcome.

regarding your post: the last thing Sony needs now is another reason for gamers not to buy a PSP or a PS3, sux for PS2 owners but they had the run of a lifetime with that system so they should understand that Sony is slowly trying to move them to the new systems. I was hopeing for a God of War 2 port but a new game is much better.

@ kber, thanx, yours is cool too, go Polska

Damn, Chains is looking sweet. One of the things I really appreciated about God of War 2 was the atmosphere - literally. You could see the air, the sparkle of dust motes, the play of sunlight. Gave everything in the game the feel of a timeless epic. Glad to see they're continuing this on the PSP.