By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS 4 Gameplay Demo

If you remember at the Sony conference, Kojima said that a gameplay demo would be shown at the MGS 20 year anniversary event at Tokyo today.

That event is over and footage should start leaking soon.

Anyone excited?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I really wonder how its going to be like.

Damn it. It's a Sony Japan Press Event that Kojima is participating in so I dunno if they will show the demo, the Metal Gear 20th anniversary even is next Monday my bad lol

Hopefully they will demo it but I wouldn't hold my breath... and I'm off to bed as I was waiting for this news.

Oh nice. Apparently Kojima did demo the game at the event :)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161355

And here's what everyone's been waiting for. Hideo Kojima demonstrated the gameplay segment of Metal Gear Solid 4 on actual PS3 hardware for the first time. Kojima showed Snake using his camo suit to disguise himself as a bronze statue, hide in barrels and trash cans. He also showed Snake knocking down enemies rolling the barrel while he is still inside it. After feeling some discomfort, Snake "revives" as he is given a female idol magazine. The producer also revealed that an online multiplayer mode will be in the game and more details will be announced at the 20th Anniversary Party next week.

There's supposed to be video soon.

Sounds cool. Online multiplayer? Awesome.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I'm very much interested in seeing gameplay for this.

BenKenobi88 said:
Sounds cool. Online multiplayer? Awesome.

MGS 3 did have online on the PS2 for what that was worth.

I know MGS3 had multiplayer, but support for it died, which is stupid.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )