By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nitendo Increasing Wii production, again.

I would hope Nintendo is increasing production again. They'll need it for the Wii Fit debut next spring and if they actually hope to beat the PS2 in sales as Iwata said.

Around the Network

Me too, I wish I can see some clear sign of their increased production... oh, well...

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Well I personally tink Nintendo is stockholding systems for christmas so that they can"win" the christmas holidays. That is good PR.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Don't worry guys, Nintendo WILL increase production, they're not stupid. And they will start selling much more, starting this holiday period.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

maybe they are shipping them to other regions that we don't know of?

Around the Network

Galaki: probably not. I'm in one of those regions you wouldn't know of (Israel... technically not part of the European market). Last I checked, (about two weeks ago) three different stores in the mall over here had stockpiles of between 5 and 10 PS3's each standing around, and none of the stores had a single Wii, or any Wii merchandise.

Another production line would be a pretty big thing.

First nintendo would have to get dedicated suppliers for its products and secure the shipping.

Next they will have to actually build another factory, and they probably just can't take an existing factory over, unless it made electronics in the past. Electronics need clean areas for assembly, and you can't just get any dirty old factory.

Then they will have to start interviewing and hiring workers, management, etc.

Then they can start making the wii's. I've ommitted a lot of stuff, but you get the idea. Another production line or factory, even when the next line is in the factory just sitting idle by the one you already use, will take a while to get going. I think that expecting nintendo to increase production in time for christmas is asking a lot, b/c they want to make sure that when they do add another production line, they do it the right way so that problems won't happen. Look for a production increase in early 08.

dallas - Nintendo themselves wouldn't be building the factory. They'd be getting a third party to do it, as thats what I believe everybody does, so someone else bids for the contract, retools their factory and starts crapp'n out the Wii's!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Nintendo, Sony and MS all contract out to companies like Foxconn and Asus to build their consoles.

There are a limited number of manufacturing facilities that can build these consoles. You have to negotiate contracts months in advance to reserve manufacturing capability from these companies. 

stof said:
dallas - Nintendo themselves wouldn't be building the factory. They'd be getting a third party to do it, as thats what I believe everybody does, so someone else bids for the contract, retools their factory and starts crapp'n out the Wii's!

I don't think that making an entirely different and unrelated product would be a simple thing for any company. Secondly, nintendo has given some warnings saying that supplies of the wiis will probably be short this christmas, which would indicate to me that they do not expect their new facilities ( no matter who is making them) to be up and running by Xmas.