By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How does the xbox 360 have better game libary then PS3?

Jordahn said:
crumas2 said:

.just as it bothers you to hear people say the 360 library is "better".

Nowhere did I ever said it bothered me.  In fact, I continue to apply it doesn't bother me by the respect of other opinions...

"My gaming preferences are not the same as others so it is not better than anyone else's. Therefore, no one should claim that their opinion (or claim that anyone else's like pointing to Metacritic because it does NOT prove which console has a better library) is better than someone else's. As I gamer, I will never say that my choices and preferences are better than anyone else's because it's just opinion whether it's popular or not."

What bothers me is people trying to shove opinion down people's throat by using opinion to "prove" a point.  Please do not attempt to put words into my mouth to "prove" a point whhen I have presented a point that is unrefutable. 

"...gamers buy consoles to play the games that they want, not just because some site 'said so.'"

Have a nice day.

I apologize.  I assumed you were referring to yourself when you said the following:

"Also some people dislike the fact that it is opinion that the 360 library is better than the PS3.  It's not so much whether it's better or not, but it's how as the OP asked which is the topic.  And that boils down to what kind of games that you want."

Now I realize you must have been referring to others who "dislike the fact that it is opinion that the 360 library is better than the PS3", or perhaps you're drawing a distinction between disliking something and being bothered by something.  Either way, I didn't intend to put words into your mouth, so I retract my statement and will redraw from the thread.

Around the Network
crumas2 said:

...I didn't intend to put words into your mouth, so I retract my statement and will redraw from the thread.

^^^ This is a class act, people, and please take note of it.  Thank you, Crumas.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Microsoft's partnership with Viacom has led to notable bias in some critics review scores so simply posting Metacritic data isn't an entirely valid argument. After having personally played most of the high profile titles on both systems I can honestly say that there is not much of a difference between the number of quality titles available for each.

kowenicki said:
@ soprano,

unfortunately your opinion isnt fact, its just your opinion. metacritic is an average of many opinions - which pretty much makes it fact.

im going to have to say that no, that pretty much does not make it a fact,

and kabhold- i agree with you

kowenicki said:
@ soprano,

unfortunately your opinion isnt fact, its just your opinion. metacritic is an average of many opinions - which pretty much makes it fact.

I had no idea that all I had to do to establish something as fact was find thirty people with the same opinion.

Q: So, how do you compute METASCORES anyway?

A: To put it simply, a METASCORE is a weighted average of up to 30 reviews from national critics and publications for a given movie, book, TV show, videogame, or album. 

Around the Network

It's quanity over quality

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

I agree that it's all opinions. One person's trash is another's treasure. However I do find it ironic that a lot of people on this site, and that goes to members of all gaming persuasions, tend to use Metacritic and reviews to their advantage when it's convenient and dismiss them when it goes against their argument. Basically, how many people here saying that the reviews shouldn't be considered or really matter are going to be the same people posting up the first reviews for their favorite games this Fall on the site? I'm sure if I even step back to big releases this past year I would find a few culprits in those threads responding positively or negatively to something they are dismissing as irrelevant in this very same topic. Oh, and for the 360 fans that think they'll quote me for truth, don't bother. Most of you are the exact same way.

I personally don't use Metacritic as measure for what I enjoy, but I do take note and understand that it does work to a large extent. Somehow they do manage to seperate the Ninjabreadman's from the Super Smash Bros. and much of the rest in between, so yes I do take it more seriously than one man's opinion.

To the OP: The answer is not opinion. That's much too easy and doesn't explain why it's the 360 that is known as the better library. The reason is because:

1. There are more 360 owners in the world

2. The 360 has a wide breadth of well made games within genres, especially popular ones on messageboards like FPSes, RPGes, etc. Because of this, there is a higher percentage you will hear it has a better library. However, that isn't going to convince the guy that plays Warhawk 30 hours a week passionately, and that is where the opinion kicks in. There are more games on the 360 but it only takes a few special ones to really make a console for you.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It doesnt make any sense because when i ask 360 owners what games are better than the ps3 all they give me is Halo 3 and Gears 2...that's it that's all they can talk about so their library of games are not really great, yeah scores may count towards something but thats the industry that's not actual everyday people's voice. to me the ps3 has more quality games while 360 just has the quantity.

Renai_Kakume said:
It doesnt make any sense because when i ask 360 owners what games are better than the ps3 all they give me is Halo 3 and Gears 2...that's it that's all they can talk about so their library of games are not really great, yeah scores may count towards something but thats the industry that's not actual everyday people's voice. to me the ps3 has more quality games while 360 just has the quantity.

This argument is older than the Internet dude. My friend can't say anything else than Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3, but does it represent this console's full library and diversity of games? No... Same can be said about the 360. It's called ''preferences,'' 'tis all.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

mero4ever said:
selnor said:
elendar said:
kowenicki said:

metacritic has your answers...

360           PS3

total games scored                     474           214

games 90 +                                   15              5

games 80 +                                  113           68

games 70 +                                  242          132

Can we consider this thread closed?

I second that. Absolutely ENOUGH said.

Well what I see is that:

Total PS3 games 70 + and above is equal to 205 equal to 95 Percentage of all PS3 games

While Xbox 360 games above 70 + are 370 which is 78% of all the 360 games

so PS3 games on genral and overal score more than the Xbox 360 games with only 9 games below 70+

Therefore the ps3 library is better per game :P we don't get shitty games.

Move along. Pass that shit !

Check out my game about moles ^