By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCEE president: Going up 20 GB is "not worth it"

http://www.www.joystiq.com/2007/07/16/scee-president-going-up-20-gb-is-not-worth-it/

When asked why there's no 80 GB PS3 in Europe (at about 3:40 in), he actually responds: "You know, the difference between 60 and the 80 gigabyte is very small. We just feel that going up 20 gigabyte is not worth it. If you're going to double it, it's worth it. So maybe you'll see something a little bit later, but 60 and 80? Really not much difference."

I agree. Gotta love it when Sony tells you the truth, though tries to sell you otherwise (NA).

Around the Network

Hes a moron makes it sound like hes in competition with scea or something, should be caned even before Jack Trenton.

David Reeves should be the president of Sony's videogames division. Period.

I know Kaz Hirai said he's gonna give the regional Sony heads more freedom but contradicting each other is stupid.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
I know Kaz Hirai said he's gonna give the regional Sony heads more freedom but contradicting each other is stupid.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln  

Around the Network
DonWii said:
ckmlb said:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln

"A house divided against itself cannot stand." Also Abraham Lincoln.

I keep getting confused by these statements...it's definitely not helping sell PS3s by saying it's not really worth it...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I dislike 'Yes-Men' but believe there is a time and a place to bring up your disagreements ...

With that said I do agree with him that 20 GB is not worth $100 but I also do not believe that extra hard drive space (above 60 GB) is particularly worthwile.

BenKenobi88 said:
I keep getting confused by these statements...it's definitely not helping sell PS3s by saying it's not really worth it...

Well, it may not sell the 80GB model, but it encourages (IF you are going to get a PS3 in NA, just go with the cheaper one, something that was harder to understand with the 20GB model) the clearence sale price-cut 60GB version.

I think the whole 'temporary price cut' thing will help 60 gb model sales for people who think they won't be able to get a PS3 at 500 dollars again soon.