By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Chrome steals marketshare

2008 IE7 IE6 Chrome Fx Moz S O
September 26.3% 22.3% 3.1% 42.6% 0.5% 2.7% 2.0%

Pretty good for a buggy web browser in its first month. Chrome stole 2% from IE and 1% from firefox.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

What browser did it steal marketshare from?

zexen_lowe said:
What browser did it steal marketshare from?

2% from IE, 1% from firefox.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

I hope Safari and Chrome keep taking marketshare to make webkit more viable. Webkit is vastly superior to the proprietary crap IE uses and even Gekko which firefox uses. You can also use a proxy server with chrome to ad block perfectly :D. I use Safari on the mac side, Chrome on the windows side of my computer currently, love both.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Chrome is waaaaaaaaaay more slow than firefox 3. Seriously don´t get that crap.

Around the Network
ffirebrand_cloud said:
Chrome is waaaaaaaaaay more slow than firefox 3. Seriously don´t get that crap.

I;d say trying the FF3.1 alpha but the latest build has some minor issues that should be fixed by Friday's build.

From what i've seen of chrome [which hasn't gotten a full release yet] it's pretty good, but I still prefer my FF3 because of the add-ons. But am waiting for Chromes full release to decide.

4 ≈ One

Opera is so under-rated. I feel bad for it.=/ Opera owns all other browsers!

Why people still run IE6 is something I don't understand. I guess they like slow loading speeds and a browser filled with pop-ups and viruses. Who knew

spidey_77 said:
Why people still run IE6 is something I don't understand. I guess they like slow loading speeds and a browser filled with pop-ups and viruses. Who knew

you..troll a lot

Chrome is pretty good tho, for being beta and all.