By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Need opinions about deBlob for Wii

I'm thinking about getting this game for my gf.  She's mostly into puzzle games, however, she's also into art which makes this seem like a perfect choice.  I've been looking into the game a bit and am starting to want it myself... the best gifts are the ones you can also use LOL :) 

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone has played it and what you think of it.  Most importantly, is it a frustrating game?  I've read that jumping isn't so hot.

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Around the Network

WOW, nobody?

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Yes, the game can be frustrating if your jumps aren't deliberate and if you don't make effective use of wall crawling and wall jumping. I also found that Z-targeting was difficult to use sometimes, and it would have been nice if the game had implemented pointer functionality so the player could specify what he/she wanted to lock onto.

My own sister nearly had a breakdown trying to navigate to a billboard she had to paint for a challenge. She wasn't able to keep her jumps deliberate or use wall crawling to slide around a corner.

If your girlfriend can let go of such difficult challenges, she should be able to finish the game just fine. They aren't necessary to win or enjoy the game. But if she's a completionist she might go crazy.

Personally, I love the game and didn't find any of the control challenges to be insurmountable. It's the most polished third-party game on Wii right now, IMO.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It can be at time frustrating but its a very relaxing and great game. I would say get it...

Former something....

Well I ahve the game and beat 7 levels of the 10 so far. I must say I love the game. I think an 8.4 from IGN said it best. The game is very dynamic. It's like a mix of Battalion Wars in the story and quest setup, with a mix of BK like platforming, with a mix of Super Mario Sunshine style, tied in with an art style all its own.

It is really one of the best Wii titles out right now if not of this year. If your looking for a fun game that is really polished and keep ya busy for a good 10-20 hrs on average then it's a must buy.

Around the Network

Yea some aspects can be frustration such as the Z-targeting that isn't as tight as you might want it to be at times but in general the game works. Most of the frustrating parts come from trying to paint everything, though, anyways.

I think it's a must buy for her... There's a lot of Puzzle + Art. I don't think the controls are that bad. For a few challenges, it can be a bit tricky but it's good for the rest.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Sorry, I haven't played it yet. This is defintely a game I am interested in getting though. I think it looks like a lot of fun, and it is something different.

I have seen some multiplayer videos. It is hard to tell, but it looks like they don't have much problem going where they want or doing what they want.

EDIT:  It seems that more helpful people responded in the time it took me to write this.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

famousringo said:
Yes, the game can be frustrating if your jumps aren't deliberate and if you don't make effective use of wall crawling and wall jumping. I also found that Z-targeting was difficult to use sometimes, and it would have been nice if the game had implemented pointer functionality so the player could specify what he/she wanted to lock onto.

My own sister nearly had a breakdown trying to navigate to a billboard she had to paint for a challenge. She wasn't able to keep her jumps deliberate or use wall crawling to slide around a corner.

If your girlfriend can let go of such difficult challenges, she should be able to finish the game just fine. They aren't necessary to win or enjoy the game. But if she's a completionist she might go crazy.

Personally, I love the game and didn't find any of the control challenges to be insurmountable. It's the most polished third-party game on Wii right now, IMO.

Thanks for the nice response!  How is Z targeting difficult?  I'm assuming you keep pressing the button until you lock on to the target you want like Metriod Prime????

Also, when you say deliberate, do you mean it doesn't register the jump when you want or the opposite?

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

I have played the first 5 levels of the game and I am really enjoying it as well as others above have stated. I have two small gripes with the game. There is no mid-level save, it can take upwards of an hour (or more) if your going for gold medals and all the awards for a specific level, it would been nice to save (or quicksave) it you need to stop playing suddenly. I do feel that its is a little repetitious in terms of the actual gameplay (paint specific buildings a specific color, race to a certain point, destroy all the enemies in an area, etc.) however, the difficulty of each of these challenges does ramp up a bit which helps alleviate this issue. I have not tried the multilayer and adding up the time spent each day via the Wii's daily time tracking I have spent about 6.5 hours. I was trying for golds and all medals on each level though, the amount of time would probably be less if I was just completing the levels as quickly as possible.