By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Palin: the great debater?

Sqrl said:
Sam Yikin said:

1.  If by "every respect" you mean dodging the questions and reciting stump speach lines.

2. Democrats were saying she would be a formidable opponent before the debate.

3. Nearly all polling data that I've seen has Biden winning in all categories. You're very much the minority here.

And also, I fail to see your logic in the first paragraph. How does other people DISLIKING her cause you to LIKE her more? Feeling sorry for her I can understand. But that is NEVER EVER EVER a good reason to vote for someone.

And of course her two best appearances were speeches. They have these little things called teleprompters. When she actually needs to think for herself is when she looks like a moron. The Couric interviews are absolutely inexcusable.

Look I said I'm done, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to warp my position and continue to take shots after I've said I'm done, it's cheap and frankly its petty.

I was kind of working on the assumption that you would come back later and respond.

Around the Network

With the exception of foreign policy, which she did very good on as well, I thought she had better answers than Biden across the board.

Even on the economy? She dodged almost all questions about the economy, changing the subject to energy (this happened at least twice as you can see in the transcript).

So everything except foreign policy, and the economy. The rest is up to personal opinion maybe.

PS: I find it quite amazing of her to say this:

"And I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also."

It was disrespectful towards the moderator and Biden. It's also presumptuous of her to assume she knows what Americans want to hear. But hey, at least she gave warning that she would be dodging questions.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

"And I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also."

This is what bothered me more than anything about the her performance.  It is like she is admitting she came in with a script.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Of course we shall not mention that the moderator was in the tank for Obama... she is financially needing him to win so her book will sell properly. No we can't talk about that.

luinil said:
Of course we shall not mention that the moderator was in the tank for Obama... she is financially needing him to win so her book will sell properly. No we can't talk about that.

Why can't you talk about that?

I'll even encourage you; in what parts of the debate do you think the moderator was unfair?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
luinil said:

Why can't you talk about that?

I'll even encourage you; in what parts of the debate do you think the moderator was unfair?

Exactly. I was worried that the moderator might show her bias but she did a hell of a job IMO. There isn't much to bitch about when it comes to her.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It upsets me that she took time from the one and only VP debate, talking about stuff other than the questions.

I want to hear your answers on these questions! They're important! I don't get why so many people are happy to hear Palin "straight talk" to the American people, when she was really just BSing around a few different subjects. It's like every one of my last-minute English papers.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Straight talk was definitely a drinking word last night...but I didn't get anywhere near as drunk off that as I did off of "maverick" and "the surge." Maverick was the worst though...man...I head a headache when I woke up because of that word alone.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I can't believe Biden said "A maverick he is not!" It reminded me of Dr. Seuss or something, the way he worded it.

In fact, I was so drunk I thought I ran out of booze, when I hadn't. About 20 minutes after the debate I found 2 more shots of vodka. So I drank 'em.

It's 3:50 pm and I just got out of the bedroom. I've been having lasagna and FF4DS in bed all day. Good morning everybody.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I can't believe Biden said "A maverick he is not!" It reminded me of Dr. Seuss or something, the way he worded it.

In fact, I was so drunk I thought I ran out of booze, when I hadn't. About 20 minutes after the debate I found 2 more shots of vodka. So I drank 'em.

It's 3:50 pm and I just got out of the bedroom. I've been having lasagna and FF4DS in bed all day. Good morning everybody.

I had a 9:15 class....so...yeah...at least my headache was gone by then and I didn't get called on.