By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - new RPGs for wii, including new Final Fanatsy

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers may be lost in the Square Enix vaults for now, but that isn’t stopping the company from creating original Final Fantasy titles for the Wii and DS. That’s right - Square Enix has revealed in the newest issue of Shonen Jump that Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time will be launching for the Wii/DS next year in Japan.

- Charlotta is the main character of the story and it revolves around a crystal.
- Pollux Engine allows for Wii + DS to be played at the same time
- Those who play on the DS or Wii can play online with each other
- Miis can be transferred from Wii to DS
- Gameplay is different for the Wii/DS meaning you can use the stylus or Wii controller
- Release date: 1/29/09 - Japan

AND

has announced Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga for the Wii in the latest Famitsu magazine. This Action-RPG with Wifi Multi (coop) play is due for release next year in Japan. The game is 70% complete.

- 60 quests in Vestoria universe.
- Battle system in real time, action oriented.
- Customization of your character.
- Coop mode via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

(Source : Famitsu)

seems like square enix will give some love to wii after all. i hope we will see it at TGS. Marvellous are fast becoming one of the best japaneese developers for wii, especially in terms of RPGs

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Looks good. Its been a while since I sat with a SE rpg. might be a good time when these come out

Now we have a battle Royale for RPG domincance brewing between the consoles.

Beja-Beja said:
Now we have a battle Royale for RPG domincance brewing between the consoles.

i see it as a good thing, last gen the ps2 had manopoly on rpg's, this gen we have some balance.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

i just relised just how many JRPGs are coming to wii next year

Around the Network

Wow.

They're porting a DS game to the Wii?

WoW!!

both look great, especially the 2nd one!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Wow.

They're porting a DS game to the Wii?

why not?, wii already got ports from almost every console, square just felt the DS was being left out of the wii porting party

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

@ word of wisdom

maybe there porting the wii game to DS. i dont know how the DS/ wii conetivity will work though. unless the wii version has DS graphics

You sure that is a new FF game. it says FF crystal cronical : Echoes of Time not just echoes of time. It maybe new or it maybe a name change becuase the mechanics of the original game has changed. hopefully its a new game and just very different from the first one that has been lined up for the wii.