By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Xbox 360 sell the most console for Christmas 2008?

Wii easily first, X360 easily second. Sorry Ps3 fanboys but Ps3 isnt going to win at christmas.

Around the Network

i think the ps3 has a better chance of being first then being 3rd, if that means anything

The PS3 now faces the unique challenge of the Blu-Ray's success: with the economy as is, picking up a 200 dollar stand-alone player is looking far more attractive than purchasing a 400 dollar video game console. And with the 360 offering itself as a much cheaper alternative, boasting a greater library of games, the PS3 might wind up losing out this holiday season. Especially if the Wii sells out completely and desperate parents look at the console with a similar price tag.

psrock said:
Do you know the 360 sold more last year in Sept in NA than this year?

yeah   The halo factor...

Valkyria00 said:
xman said:
WiiStation360 said:
The Wii will at least double the 360 sales for Christmas. Second place should be close.

You think the WII will be double I disagree I think the 360 can make a showing I am predicting 3-2 WII, PS3 should easily be third unless a price cut comes

ROFL!!! WTF!? Are you serious? Step back to reality please.

Re read my statement yup I was am in reality and stand by my prediction

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

X360 sold first time this year more than PS3 in others. Now everyone are predicting X360 to outsell PS3 at christmas. =/

KillerMan said:

X360 sold first time this year more than PS3 in others. Now everyone are predicting X360 to outsell PS3 at christmas. =/

That statement I can agree with I am confindent the 360 is at the riht price point to really start to sell

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

well x man care to make a wager?

i bet you the wii moves at least 1.5 times as many units as the 360

the winner gets control of the losers sig and avatar for a week

Wii - 1st, No doubt!
360 - 2nd
PS3 - 3rd
IMO!

Right now, the Wii is generally outselling worldwide the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined.

That trend will probably continue. The Xbox 360 could have its last great holiday season though because of its offerings and price advantage vis-a-vis the PS3. (The "last great" comment is based upon rumors that the 720 coming out in 2010 -- which could depress sales in 2009).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV