By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are the Jasper Xbox 360's being sold yet?

I bought an Xbox 360 last week.  Here's the info on the UPC label

Manufacture date --- 9/29/08

TEAM --- CSON

LOT# --- 0839

Drive is extremely quiet. This could be a JASPER MBOD.

I'm not opening the case to verify though.

Around the Network
mtofu said:
I'm thinking of getting an xbox 360 and was patiently waiting for the Jasper boards.

I don't want to wait anymore so I'm going to go ahead and get the Falcon board. If this system RROD on me, when I send it in, will my board be upgraded to the Jasper?

Doubtful.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

mtofu said:
I'm thinking of getting an xbox 360 and was patiently waiting for the Jasper boards.

I don't want to wait anymore so I'm going to go ahead and get the Falcon board. If this system RROD on me, when I send it in, will my board be upgraded to the Jasper?

It just depends when and more importantly, IF, it RRODs on you.  The Falcons are much more stable.  I had the original chipset, and when mine RROD'd, they sent me a new XBOX 360 with the Falcon setup... so if yours does RROD a year or two down the road, chances are they won't have anything but Jaspers to replace it with.  Then again, who really knows such things...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

So can you tell if its the Jasper board if you have the 360 arcade and it has an HDMI port right under the standard port?

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Well my Falcon model which is less than a year old RROD'd on me last week, so should i expect that Microsoft will replace it with the new Jasper model or will they most likely just give me a refurbished Falcon? Cuz I really don't wanna have to go through this shit again.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

The 360 I received from Microsoft actually had the exact same manufacture date as the one that broke. Probably coincidence but I'm sure you'll get an equivalent model when you send yours in.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Lot numbers up to 840x CSON and 841x FDOU have been confirmed as NOT Jasper.

Tease.

NO Jaspers have been spotted yet, as Squilliam said... lot numbers up to 0841 have been reported as revised Falcons.

Ben Heckendorn (www.benheck.com -- he makes custom mods of 360s, like 360 laptops, and other consoles), cracked open a 0836 lot number recently and confirmed that it does NOT have a 65nm GPU..

Something is fishy with Jasper... didn't we get reports that the foundries had already started printing the chips?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

NXE the reason Jasper 360s delayed?

MS might want to start shipping 360s with the new dashboard preinstalled. There's a longer leadtime for including it in hardware, and MS might want it in the wild for a few months to work out some of the bugs.

I think they'd have to add more flash ram to hold the new XBE as it's larger then the orginal dashboard. So they couldn't just preinstall it on existing 360s.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire