By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Are the Jasper Xbox 360's being sold yet?

Before anybody says anything about me picking it out cuz it's negative news against Microsoft, lemme say that I check Boy Genius everyday and this just happened to be posted.

Jasper-Equipped Xbox 360s are NOT in the wild

Rumors were circulating on Monday that the latest and greatest Xbox 360 chipset, Jasper, had made its debut in shipping consoles. That rumor is, unfortunately, false. Sources cited the recent Xbox 360 price drop and some posts from folks on the XBOX 360 DVD Drive Database that claim to have received a new 65nm equipped Xbox 360 as proof. Repeated (and we mean repeated) requests to show a picture of the Japser CPU/GPU or provide proof of model number/manufacture date have been ignored. No concrete evidence of a Jasper-equipped console has yet to be produced. Dang trolls getting everyone in a tizzy. Looks like we will have to wait a little bit longer to get an Xbox 360 that wont RROD on us.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/09/30/jasper-equipped-xbox-360s-are-not-in-the-wild/

Around the Network

Apparently they are:

Link: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/30/rumor-xbox-360-packing-65nm-jasper-boards/

Rumor: Xbox 360 packing 65nm Jasper boards

Listen: We're not going to say that if you head out to your local GameBlast3000 retail outlet and ask the disinterested staff to find you an Xbox 360 with a Lot number of 0831 or higher, that you'll nab yourself a cool-running 65nm GPU, Jasper-equipped Xbox 360. Some folks posting on the Xbox 360 DVD Drive Database (seven as of publishing time) claim to have nabbed just such a beast; however, not a single one of them has responded to requests in the comments to verify their claim with something as simple as a photograph of the manufacturing label.

Microsoft, of course, wouldn't confirm the shipment of new models, issuing us the boilerplate response, "We are constantly updating internal components on our consoles and therefore will not comment on details of specific components or manufacturing processes." Since we learned that Jasper systems would begin shipping as early as last month, and can speculate that the recent price drop was probably hinged on further lowering the system's manufacturing costs, we fully expect to see Jasper systems any day now. We're just not convinced this is the proof we've been waiting for. Caveat emptor.

They're out there. Sources said that the units were being manufactured in August with the Jasper chipset(s), so it'd only be normal to see them around a month later.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/digitaljoystick/archives/147899.asp?page=5#comments

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Hmm I saw on www.beyond3d.com/forum that someone got an Xbox 360 with a lot number 0831 - Not jasper.

Tease.

Yes they are. The new holiday bundles with Lego Jones and Panda apparantly has them.

The bundles started at lot number 0836.

Around the Network

Looks like my prediction of December before most retailers carry Jaspers is correct unless someone opens up one of the jones/panda bundles to prove me wrong.

It's just that simple.

The jasper has to be in there only way MS would drop the price

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

i just got a new 60 gig 360. it was built on july 4..08
it has the new mobo with the memory chips moved to the bottom.
this thing dont even get hot to the touch.. after playing for hours
it gets as warm my PS3. I WANTED THE JAPSER but i did not wanna waite.
may be next year i will get the jasper

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Xmas was approaching and there was a shortage of red lights for Xmas trees... But mommy MS was as always provident... 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm thinking of getting an xbox 360 and was patiently waiting for the Jasper boards.

I don't want to wait anymore so I'm going to go ahead and get the Falcon board. If this system RROD on me, when I send it in, will my board be upgraded to the Jasper?