Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii motes best moves

Wii Sports
Metroid Prime 3
Zack and Wiki
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Around the Network

Zack and Wiki and Boom Blox are good mentions. I'd throw in Trauma Center and Lost Winds for awesome use of the pointer, Helix for using dual remotes and calibration, and WarioWare for all-around wiimote exploitation.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Skeeuk said:
id say SMG use is best

SMG only really used the IR pointer.

The spin attack was waggle, and while I would agree it is the best waggle out there (it fits the movement, and is really easy to do (less wrist action)) it is just button replacement.

Wii Sports is still the best use of the Wii remote motion controls in a single game (given that it is a number of games), Zack and Wiki is one of the best all round uses (uses both motion and IR)

Soma said:

Doing the Kamehameha on Tenkaichi 3 =)

yeah, this is the best Wii mote move!! : )

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

TWRoO said:
Skeeuk said:
id say SMG use is best

The spin attack was waggle, and while I would agree it is the best waggle out there (it fits the movement, and is really easy to do (less wrist action)) it is just button replacement.

Wii Sports is still the best use of the Wii remote motion controls in a single game (given that it is a number of games), Zack and Wiki is one of the best all round uses (uses both motion and IR)

Remember the ball and Manta Ray surfing?  I'm assuming not.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Wario Ware for all around awesome fun-ness. Resident Evil 4 for that first boss you fight and have to use it to swim away was also terrific fun.

SmokedHostage said:
TWRoO said:
Skeeuk said:
id say SMG use is best

Remember the ball and Manta Ray surfing?  I'm assuming not.

Oh yeah... tiny part of the game but yes they are there.... I liked the ball rolling, especially the challenge one in the toy-world.... The ray surfing was really nice on the smooth water on the training course, but when on the track bouncing up and down it was a bi annoying.

Okami's painting using IR felt realy good

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

No More Heroes for me.
Super Monkey Ball was good too.

Its interesting. Lots of different views here. Ill grab NMH, ZW and maybe MOH. But do explain what specific move is so cool in the games.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.