By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Plans To Charge Fees For MAG!!!!!!!

Did they even release any gameplay footage of this game yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

We don't even know if it's third-person or first-person shooter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

A monthly fee for a 256 player MMO shooter seems like a bad idea. The concept on paper probably looks great but it will be very hard to pull off. You still need some sort of structure squad vs squad to make it fun. Then how much more fun does this have to be over CoD4, KZ2, R2 to get people to want to pay?

MMO games usually have monthly fees associated with them, however, it's so much cheaper to hold high storage dedicated servers nowadays compared to 5 years ago that I don't see the need for this. Sony could make their money through DLC and ads.

the little interest that I had for MAG just went down the crapper.

Around the Network

Hmmm;..the threa title is not 100% correct or I would have chosen a other thread title;

I didn't think I could be any less interested in this game until I saw this thread.

Only time will tell how/if this is implemented. As previously stated, there are numerous scenarios. $30 game/1 month free, $6.99 a month after, or perhaps $60 buys you 6 months, then a fee after, who knows.

We shall see how this works when Sony comes out with their official statement. People pay for online games all the time, this is no different, and it may be worth it XD.

I figured there'd be a monthly fee. Were people really expecting an MMOFPS to be free (besides initial purchase)?

The BuShA owns all!

everyone please note this was a survey sent out. meaning you had the option to say "hell no extra fee's are bad" so if sony finds the majority say that a subscription fee would defer the purchase of this game, sony will no doubt scratch said fee's

edit: i think the OP should mention this in his post, although his title is still misleading