By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something the PS3 can do but the 360 can't? dynamic framebuffering

Xen said:
Kane said:
Xen said:
Kane said:
Xen said:
Kane said:
and why is this positive?

"Resolution can alter on a frame-by-frame basis. Rather than introduce dropped frames, slow down or other unsavoury effects, the number of pixels being rendered drops and the PS3's horizontal hardware scaler is invoked to make up the difference"

Basically, what this means is - looking good+playing sleek.

The PS3 seems to be a great machine. I can't wait to see what Sony internal-dev teams come up with in the next 2 years.

with other words the ps3 cant handle true hd ?

It can, as the article said, most of the time... but when it could lead to slowdowns, frame drops, etc. that's when the dynamic framebuffer kicks in.

Dont forget - it's 1080p @60 fps... not exactly an easy feat.

just like I said what is positive about this when 60fps at full hd was promised? they are watering down the graphics !

Most of the time, save for a few moments, is good enough for me... it's very much positive as it's still fast and good looking as it should be...

true too that, but you know what I mean:P

Around the Network
Infinity said:
I own both Ridge Racer 7 and WipeOut HD and both are fantastic games. 360 doesn't have a single racer worth mentioning. Framerate and consistent speed are crucial to high speed arcade style racers and both games deliver.

Oh totally. The 360 could never handle the blazing frame rate and consistent speed of a super fast racer like Ridge Racer 7. All they have to show is that tortoise of a racer Burnout Paradise.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

But, why wouldn't the 360 be able to do this?

In any case, it's good to see developers working on the shortcomings of the consoles instead of going the easy route.

Onyxmeth said:
Infinity said:
I own both Ridge Racer 7 and WipeOut HD and both are fantastic games. 360 doesn't have a single racer worth mentioning. Framerate and consistent speed are crucial to high speed arcade style racers and both games deliver.

Oh totally. The 360 could never handle the blazing frame rate and consistent speed of a super fast racer like Ridge Racer 7. All they have to show is that tortoise of a racer Burnout Paradise.

ask him if he has a 360 ...

Onyxmeth said:
Euphoria14 said:

Before people start getting all pissy, I posted it from here. I just copied the headline and opening statement, then copied and pasted the article.

No more whining.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=125597

In the future, try not to re-print misleading information, especially in the title. The article, and it's original title would have been just fine, as there is no mention whatsoever of the 360 in this article.

Is it possible for you or an administrator to possibly change the title then? That way we won't have any confusion?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Euphoria14 said:

Before people start getting all pissy, I posted it from here. I just copied the headline and opening statement, then copied and pasted the article.

No more whining.

In the future, try not to re-print misleading information, especially in the title. The article, and it's original title would have been just fine, as there is no mention whatsoever of the 360 in this article.

Is it possible for you or an administrator to possibly change the title then? That way we won't have any confusion?

No can do. The best I can offer you is to make a new thread without the excess forum info included and I can lock this one. Otherwise be prepared for the wrong crowds coming in here to duke it out. Oh and btw this will still result in warnings and bans people so think before you post.

@Kane-I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that question.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Euphoria14 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Euphoria14 said:

No more whining.

No can do. The best I can offer you is to make a new thread without the excess forum info included and I can lock this one. Otherwise be prepared for the wrong crowds coming in here to duke it out. Oh and btw this will still result in warnings and bans people so think before you post.

@Kane-I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that question.

That works. Much better to talk about a cool feature than to argue about it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Thread locked to make room for new thread.