By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia site launches!

I am getting the "What if FFVII weren't cyber punk, but fantasy?" vibe... which is awesome.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

This is looking nice, but where are my videos and story?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@Outlawauron We should be getting a gameplay video sometime soon. They said TGS there will be one so I guess we should just wait over the next few hours/days. As for story there is this much.

Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the empire of Meridian. Creatures called "Contaminant Dragons" are causing a lot of trouble as they pass the Meridian in flocks. If one is killed, the resulting explosion poisons the local area. When the empire receives word that a massive horde has its sights on the capital of Diamant, it immediately sends out an army to fight them, including Bright, a cool and collected novice mercenary, and his friend Alse, the beloved prince and second in line for the throne. Bright is severely injured during the battle, but is saved by a girl named Ryphia, who has secrets in her past and possesses the power to control "ley squalls," naturally-occurring storms of magic that usually take the form of luminous rain.[1

sc94597 said:
@Outlawauron We should be getting a gameplay video sometime soon. They said TGS there will be one so I guess we should just wait over the next few hours/days. As for story there is this much.

Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the empire of Meridian. Creatures called "Contaminant Dragons" are causing a lot of trouble as they pass the Meridian in flocks. If one is killed, the resulting explosion poisons the local area. When the empire receives word that a massive horde has its sights on the capital of Diamant, it immediately sends out an army to fight them, including Bright, a cool and collected novice mercenary, and his friend Alse, the beloved prince and second in line for the throne. Bright is severely injured during the battle, but is saved by a girl named Ryphia, who has secrets in her past and possesses the power to control "ley squalls," naturally-occurring storms of magic that usually take the form of luminous rain.[1

Riiiight. So this prince is on the front lines fighting these treachous dragons that emit toxins whenever killed. That doesn't sound very good at all.

I hope the gameplay will be good though.

Of course Im not. And Soriku, it's a school day and 1 AM. Go to bed.

Around the Network

Well it seems marvelous are showing gameplay on all of the other games that they mentioned for TGS so its just a matter of time before this is shown.

^
Lolz at the last I think 6 posts

@outlawauron
Oh come on. Most RPG stories are shit. At least the ones Ive played.

Valkyria00 said:
^
Lolz at the last I think 6 posts

@outlawauron
Oh come on. Most RPG stories are shit. At least the ones Ive played.

Im sorry. I play RPGs for the good story. It's my favorite part of the game.

All the battle moves, spells, attacks, defense or whatever, are all very very shiny. They're all very shiny, colourful and bright. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I quite enjoy it. Epileptic fit enducing game here I come!
Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this games release :D.