By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How can you Count SONY out???

The amount of hate for the PS3 really does surprise me. The most shocking attitude is from people who had a PS1 and PS2 and suddenly started bad mouthing Sony because they bought a product from one of the most horrible corporations in the world - Microsoft.

Around the Network

Can anybody shows where is the hate?? most of the people around here agrees that the PS3 is going to get great games, but not enough to recover the first place...

Probably it will end up getting the 2nd place, but thats all...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

@ Dodeca

You really have a way with your words

On topic.

The thing is, this year sony has been outselling the 360 WW but are still just over 5 million units behind (still a long way to go) and the problem for them is the Wii is till outselling them. The PS3 will not sell the most consoles this generation, but that does not stop it from being a great console.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

PS3 is no PS2 in terms of sales. We can not expect PS3 sales to take off like PS2 or Wii.

PS3 will definitely not get first in sales this generation, and may struggle to get 2nd as Japan is starting to notice the 360 and it's jRPG line-up more.

At this point, be excited about the games. For me, and this is only personal opinion, but WKC and LBP excite me more than any exclusives on other consoles. Just as the poorly selling Gamecube had some of my favorite games that generation.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Sony can be counted out due to numerous poor decisions in both design and product placement during the development of the PS3.

Blu Ray - Too much tech too early.
Cell Processor - Ultra powerful but terrible for games.
Price and handling of launch - Both laughable.

Japan (95 weeks)

Wii: 6.8 million
PS2: 6.8 million
PS3: 2.3 milion

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS3&reg3=Japan&weeks=95

Americas (95 Weeks)

Wii: 14.2 million
PS2: 11.6 million
PS3. 5.8 million

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS2&reg2=America&cons3=PS3&reg3=America&weeks=95

PAL (78 Weeks)

Wii: 8.4 million
PS2: 7.3million
PS3: 6.2 million

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS2&reg2=Europe&cons3=PS3&reg3=Europe&weeks=78

Wii, PS2, and PS3 numbers after the same amount of time on the market for each region. Any questions?

selnor said:
GTAIV08 said:
Xbox_Nation said:
GTAIV08 said:
frybread said:
Anyone remember the Gamecube fanboys?

It was always, "just wait until resident evil 4, a GCN exclusive!!" or "price drop baby, mass market time!" or "4 times as powerful as the PS2!!" They were still hanging on as late as 2004.

Anyway, I think they must have all bought PS3's this gen.

jeez! if the ps3 is doing so bad then how fucked is the 360!! do i need to remind everyone how cheap it had to go just to get even sales with the ps3! you know sometimes you should actually think before posting.

Yeah something the PS3 can't afford i mean the PS3 dropped $200.00 less than 3 years, yeah you're right the 360 is the desperate one

sony were desperate as fuck last year, now microsoft are desperate this year because they know they are slowly fading and falling behind. either way, sony got out of their shit hole last year and are in a good position now, microsoft are in a shit hole now, lets see if they can get out of it. whatever happens, us consumers get all the action, so FUCK SONY, FUCK MICROSOFT and FUCK NINTENDO!! actually sony just give me god of war 3, microsoft make a console that doesnt break every 5 minutes and nintendo stop waving around that stupid remote and give us some real fuckin games! and another zelda!

Woe. Way to much crap flying around from new posters. This site clearly has less 360 fans. Anybody with lots of posts thats been here a year or more will tell you. Anyways If M$ are in SH*t as you say then the fact that M$ are doing well in Japan is nothing. They sold nearly 15,000 again this week and could have done more if it didnt sell out in the majority of shops in Japan again. I believe they are now well and truly out of the so called hole, as I think they will outsell PS3 this christmas. Theres no need to swear either. It should all be about the games regardless of the system you own.

thats japan for ya, one good game, huge boost, 2 weeks later back down! look at ps3 when MGS4 came out and then each week it went back down to normal levels. the normal levels for ps3 is about 10-15k and for 360 1-3k. your saying 360 will outsell ps3 this chrismas IN AMERICA, then you may be right, we will have to see but worldwide? NO!

PandaexpressPanda said:

For the people saying the console war is over and all that BS, SONY has more going for it than the competition, Blu Ray player, the brand name, and not to mention it's biggest heavy hitters haven't even dropped yet, (God of war 3, Gran Turismo 5)... seems like right now is the perfect time to pick up a PS3.

Seems like right now would have been the ideal time for the PS3 to be released. It still has hardly any games worth playing. Its has a really pathetic line up considering this is its 2nd or so year out.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

786_ali said:
Sony won't be able to beat ninty but it still has the best console(ps3) and best games, but it will definitely beat the stuffing out of M$

Seriously?  perhaps you need to check out gamerankings and metacritic, but then you'd have to admit you're just bias and you only really mean is that the PS3 has the games you like best.  Sony's chances are iffy... they lose this Christmas and momentum shifts to Microsoft then it's over for them so far as getting second place... that doesn't mean that they wont be successful or that it wont be close, but seriously you can't hemorage money like they did for so long and hope to compete with two companies who's quarterly results have the capital of a small country.

edit:  As for the hate... http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bullshit  just go there and you'll see why there is so much anger.