By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does Wii Sports Have a Shot at the All-Time Software Crown?

It makes no sense to bundle in wiisports 2 because if your buying a wii you obviously havent played wii sports 1. Since wii sports dident really break the bank as far as development costs, i dont see any reason not to keep it packed in for the life of the console. Although a wiifit wii bundle could be possible, i could see that happening because wiifit will bring in an entirely new audience and most of those people wont have a wii, so it would make sense.

Around the Network

Wii should be able to trounce Super Mario Bros, since it is pack-in game just like the SMB. Wii should sell about 50-60 million in its lifetime.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

I think that even if Nintendo changes the packin game (especially if they change it to WiiFit), they will keep WiiSports in there. If people who are buying the system as a fitness center get one and only have WiiFit, they will continue only using it as a fitness center.

As opposed to if they have WiiSports, one day after working out they may decide,
"Hey... I wonder what that other game that came with my workout machine is? All my friends say its pretty fun. Maybe I should try it!"

And then, Nintendo has made a new gamer.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Wii Fit will not be included as a packed in game, most certainly there will be a Wii fit bundle! Packed in games means it's free, bundle is just a nicer deal. Wii Fit is too important for Nintendo to make money out of it. Expect that bundle to include Wii Sports too! Yes there is no question that Wii Sports will beat SMB. And it will be on #1 for a long long time. And when that happens, SMB isn't gonna be so sure of it's 2nd place. Unless they will include VC downloads for SMB as actual units sold. I bet that game is in the top10 VC downloads and will have great legs on it too lol.

Edit: Wii Sports 2 will not replace Wii Sports, just like they never replaced SMB with SMB2 or SMB3! But just like Duckhunt before, they could add in more games! I rather have them include free Wii points instead.