By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Newegg Canada

I like NCIX but their shipping is expensive for small orders. Normally they are in the $12-14 range and if you are lucky they will offer $6.99 express shipping. Their rates are good for larger orders, but unless my order is over $100 then the shipping costs eat into any savings they offer.

Around the Network

Depends what you buy. If you're buying a bunch of small things all the time, of course they aren't worth it. They don't make any money on shipping as they use the base rates through UPS, Puralator, Canada Post ,etc. Plus if you don't live in BC, you don't pay PST, which is HUGE in itself. Can't really complain about that.

Agreed that saving the PST is huge (I'm in ON where it's 8%).

I know they don't make much if anything on S&H, but it still hurts. Especially when you see so many US based web retailers offering free shipping in the continental US.

I'll see how prices would compare to NCIX and directcanada.

If newegg.ca isnt in BC it might be useful for me. I hate PST.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Do Direct Canada and NCIX have the same owners?

Around the Network

Hmm, never heard of NCIX. Thanks for the tip. I moved from los angeles to Toronto and I mis Fry's more than I miss the weather.

I found tigerdirect (there are a couple around Toronto, i go to the one in Etobicoke at 427/QEW) are pretty good for computer parts. I don't bother ordering online.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

I actually live near the original NCIX. I tend to go to the The Rock which is one block away. They are abotu 3% cheaper. It's just that their website blows. It lists only a small selection and it's out of date pricing of mid to high merchandice.

I find NCIX is awesome for smaller type items like Blue Tooth, SD Cards...

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

good for ya'll. NewEgg is awesome.