By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does anyone still believe PS3 will win the console war?

tuoyo said:
As a result of Sony talking bullshit about PS3 having a 10 yr plan certain fanboys are going to continue to believe PS3 can win even up to 2016 even if PS3 has sold 70million and Wii has sold 150 million and Wii 2 has been out for 3 years and sold 60 million

I don't see anybody saying that anymore.  There were a lot of "10 year lifecycle!" posts in '07, but those people have either left or changed their tune.

Nobody in this thread is predicting a PS3 win.  I'm sure there are many who hope, but I don't think a single one believes anymore.  It's kind of sad.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

If the ps3 were 299, things would be considerably different IMO, and that 299 price is only 6-12 months away(I think)

im saying if a 299 ps3 doesnt change things, then no I dont believe the ps3 will come 1st.

mM
frybread said:
tuoyo said:
As a result of Sony talking bullshit about PS3 having a 10 yr plan certain fanboys are going to continue to believe PS3 can win even up to 2016 even if PS3 has sold 70million and Wii has sold 150 million and Wii 2 has been out for 3 years and sold 60 million

That's the ting, I don't see anybody saying that anymore.  I saw a lot of "10 year lifecycle!" posts in '07, but those people have either left or changed their tune.

Wasn't the "10 year cycle" announced at 2008 e3?

B3lieve!!!

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

yeah i still think the ps3 has a shot at taking first overall...but i think all 3 consoles have a shot still. look until its the end of year 5 there is definetly no clear winner. yes many of you can say "well look at the wii its pwnaga, how can anyone catch up to them sales" well i still believe the wii will be a thing of the past about midway through 2010 (let the bashing begin)

but again i say, every console still has a shot to win! some are doing better than others atm but that doesnt mean things can/will change.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41542

Here, this should convince many of you.

You have to define what win actually means. Because Nintendo has already made more profit than all the best years of the PS2 in two years. So to beat Nintendo, either MS or Sony would have to make $8-10 billion in profit just to match what Nintendo has already made since the launch of the Wii.

Sorry about that, I mean "win" as in has the largest userbase.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

FishyJoe said:
You have to define what win actually means. Because Nintendo has already made more profit than all the best years of the PS2 in two years. So to beat Nintendo, either MS or Sony would have to make $8-10 billion in profit just to match what Nintendo has already made since the launch of the Wii.

If you're basing it on profit for a game division then Nintendo has never lost a generation.

The PS3 will not go down as Sonys finest hour. The machine itself will (eventually) be the one to go to for epic games in terms of graphics and audio, but the wii cornered the fun section of the games industry this time round, and it seems to be an unstoppable machine.

As for the 360-PS3 battle, the PS3 has everything going for it, but MS are throwing every single last roll of the dice to stay ahead, and are doing fine at the moment.

This christmas will define the console battle

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot