By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I figured out why the Wii's attach rate is lower than it could be

amp316 said:

What do you mean that they aren't real games?  You just don't know art.

Well of course I don't. Since I own about 30 Wii games I'm a casual gamer, and therefore know nothing about art. ;)

Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:
amp316 said:

What do you mean that they aren't real games?  You just don't know art.

Well of course I don't. Since I own about 30 Wii games I'm a casual gamer, and therefore know nothing about art. ;)

Roland's right.  Maybe you aren't a total dick.  LMAO

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wii's attach rate is lower than it could be because the system is so consistently out of stock.

You think the past 2 years were something? Hmph. Wait until Wii becomes more readily available. This generation will blow your minds. My 240,000,000 minimum 500,000,000 maximum range for the Wii's lifetime will look more and more credible the longer this system goes on.

Excellent analysis of the game covers, BrainBoxLtd. by the way.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

no i think in reality a lot of gamers are buying 20-30 games and a lot are buying 0 games.

If RoI spent less time on the forums and more time buying Wii games the attach rate would be higher!

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
no i think in reality a lot of gamers are buying 20-30 games and a lot are buying 0 games.

Err so how exactly can you be a gamer with 0 games ?

You game in your dreams ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
theprof00 said:

Err so how exactly can you be a gamer with 0 games ?

You game in your dreams ?

ail reading is a privelage not a right. If you don't do it correctly, god will take it away from you.
How does the word "BUY" turn into "HAVE"?

you can have a game that comes with the system.....
or like i did on the ps1 for the first month only have a demo disk.... i dunno put some thought into it.

jeez

Questions: do these attach rates figure in virtual ware?
do they include 10 dollar games?
do they include demographics?
it takes more data to decide something like this.

you are saying core gamers aren't buying enough.
so
a) demographics are one of the best ways to show you who the target audience is
b) 10-20$ games would help (kind of artificially if you ask me) increase the attachment rate (i think a better rate would be consoleprofit/gameprofit.)
c) i had this whole a,b,c, list idea and those two points pretty much sum up why your argument doesn't have enough data.

but please keep the jokes coming, please never stop, never.
PS: i can never really tell if your threads are joke or serious anyways, so you have that on your side, i can't really think ill of you. it's just a joke thread: i get that :P

Rol, don't even bother. Theprof is just trying to find a way to derail this topic into a conversation about wii games being toys. He'll then conclude that they should not be counted towards the attach rates thus making the rate equal zero.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light