By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Wait, wait, wait.

Here I was thinking you were talking about the game breaking street date by over a week or two. I failed to realize that the game releases anyway in TWO DAYS. WHO CARES?

Man, some of you guys are douchebags. :D

Around the Network
Conflict_Beast said:
No importing isn't cheating. I never said it was. I simply said it isn't fair because the game isn't available worldwide unless you import it. If someone chooses to not play a game thats one thing but not being able to play a game is another. and people can easily play games not available in other regions and get up in the leaderboard. But those who cannot get those games are just SOL. And the whole concept of a leaderboard is,whether its admitted or not, is to show off you're a better gamer. its like stats for football or basketball. The higher the stats the more likely the better player. So if somebody is playing a game that you cannot get is it fair to you? no its not. Even if you didnt want the game its still unfair because if you wanted to play it, you couldnt.

Read before you talk shit. I simply said in this statement ITS NOT CHEATING. Its UNFAIR to those who dont have the game,and as for petty little games like Demon Souls and Trine, THIS IS MW2! How stupid can people be i swear. This isn't no stupid little game no one has heard about everyone knows about MW2 and its released WORLDWIDE on the 10th! This league is ridiculous and pathetic.

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"
Dark Odin said:

That´s what I think.

And since I´m also from Brazil. so I shoud wait for the game be released here? OH, so wait...considering that even the PS3 isn´t oficially released here, I´d have like 0 platinums. hehehe because some games are released here (I mean, some months after..) but since the PS3 isn´t out. I´d be cheating if I bought one PS3  to play them.

I also bought the asia version of demon´s souls back in March. so if I had a platinum in it, would I be chating? And why isn´t this something open for everyone? Anyone can go to a site like playasia and import a game. or I don´t know maybe rent them... I´m always seeing ads for stores like gamefly in the US. Sad for me that I have to buy or borrow from my friends my games because there´s no stores like this where I live. (I mean there´s one, but only let you rent older games, and the new ones cost something between U$ 80-U$100).

for me this discussion it´s just

open a new thread, create a new league. with just people from US, who don´t buy games before release, don´t import games, don´t use boost partners, tell them wich games they can play, how they can play, how many hours a day, don´t rent, play hannah montana and be happy.

Once again a stab at someone who plays a game. Is it such a sin to play a game? See this goes with the favorites again. You're so cool cuz youdidnt play Hannah Montana arent you

"She said I'm F**kin Awesome!"

"Gurl don't be afraid, I just wanna cut, U can call me a squirrel, I'm just tryna get my nuts"

"Here's some daily science... The World revolves around the sun, not you!"

@kyliedog yeah fresh from doing hard thought i would bomb through and wrap up crushing pretty quickly. for the life of me can't understand whats happened. prob start over tomorrow and pray lol as its just the crushing trophy left :|
thanks draven and getrdone to :)

finally found out that pro 10 (for the few that care) the gold thats for winning all domestic trophys is wrong lol.... you have to win all your games for the season no draws :(

I'm a trophy whore, as is everyone else in the league and even those who are not in the league. I enjoy getting games with trophies and sometimes I have let that dictate how "crappy" of a game I would play just for trophies. Now, there are some games I wouldn't bring myself to play, like Hannah Montanna or possibly the one Harry Potter game (can't stand either of them) and that doesn't make me better than anyone who has played either of those two. It just shows how far someone will go to satisfy their trophy whoring needs (with Jboy being an exception since it was a joke); there's nothing wrong with it.

Around the Network

So i beat Ninja gaiden sigma 2 for the 8th time !!! got all trophies expect for the almost impossible one to beat all missions. Only 2 people in the world has beaten all missions, doubt i will be able to.

I've just added Bioshock platinum trophy to my collection  

And I jsut beat the campaign on MW2!!!! It is awesome!

It only took 7h30 though.

But the story is good and towards the end, there is a real motivation to your characters.

Now I need to find the rest of intels and beat it again on Veteran.

Now, I have 3 stars in all Alpha Missions on Spec Ops. Currently playing Beta and I have to say:

Damn, those missions on Veteran are hard!!!! But, at the same time, incredibly fun, so I dont mind playing again and again.

Overall, without even touching multiplayer yet, I am loving this game!!!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Woot managed to get laid by the 2 cute gals in the same playthrough in Dragon Age: Origins !

Now I got to pick one to stick with ( makes for funny discussions between the party members lol, it seems one of them is a bit jealous...)
I actually had to lie to second gal after bedding the first one to keep my chances intact...( the witch is a flirt, the bard took some work but I prefer the bard anyway)

I was planning to finish the U2 plat this week end but coudn't leave Dragon Age : Origins so it will have to wait a week...

PS : based on what I have seen so far Dragon Age: origins is going to be a 3 stars probably, the game isn't that hard but you're going to need 3 playthrough and getting all 3 characters to lvl 20 is going to take a while ( we're speaking of another 100h+ plat).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Conflict_Beast said:
Conflict_Beast said:
No importing isn't cheating. I never said it was. I simply said it isn't fair because the game isn't available worldwide unless you import it. If someone chooses to not play a game thats one thing but not being able to play a game is another. and people can easily play games not available in other regions and get up in the leaderboard. But those who cannot get those games are just SOL. And the whole concept of a leaderboard is,whether its admitted or not, is to show off you're a better gamer. its like stats for football or basketball. The higher the stats the more likely the better player. So if somebody is playing a game that you cannot get is it fair to you? no its not. Even if you didnt want the game its still unfair because if you wanted to play it, you couldnt.

Read before you talk shit. I simply said in this statement ITS NOT CHEATING. Its UNFAIR to those who dont have the game,and as for petty little games like Demon Souls and Trine, THIS IS MW2! How stupid can people be i swear. This isn't no stupid little game no one has heard about everyone knows about MW2 and its released WORLDWIDE on the 10th! This league is ridiculous and pathetic.

It's released worldwide the 10th ?

Weird seeing how most of the gamestops in the NE are already selling it...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/08/select-gamestops-in-ny-oh-and-pa-selling-modern-warfare-2-alrea/

Funny how you pick on people criticizing Hannah Montana and then you have to pick on Demon's Souls and Trine.

MW2 might be the most hyped game this year, but for most of us it's not going to be our Goty or even come close to it... And in this league all games are equal.

Now go create your own league dedicated to MW2 and don't let the door hit you on your way out...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !