By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

HideoK said:

Ah sleep... 7 hours usually does me good.

Should have Tekken 6 platinum by next update. Just need the gallery trophy, 2 more online for player matches and 2 other secret scenario campaign ones which shouldn't be bad after clearing the Nightmare train level!

Also came across a poll on ps3 trophies.org that allows people to rate the difficulty of platinums. This could be helpful for our ratings as well. I would probably give it a 2 out of 5 stars myself. Could be a 3 though due to Nancy the robot and all the grinding needed to clear the Nightmare train.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tekken-6/27355-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Each game there has a sticky for a platinum difficulty poll, just scroll down the page and click on each retail title and the thread should be towards the top.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/

Wow, ninja gaiden sigma 2 is almost all a 10/10
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/24835-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Yeah and some idiots voted 1/10  for Sigma 2.

Me and Dark odin are members there, its a great site.

Yeah Tekken is a 2 star, no trophy is really hard. Since i have plat soon i kinda wish it had combo challenges.

Around the Network

@Tbone
Yeah no way is NGS2 a 1. Good to see the vast majority voted a 10.

WTB : more time to play games...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

The waterfall of Amazon credits I've been getting is really paying off.  Bought AC2 for $36 yesterday, and grabbed New SMB Wii for $4 today (not a typo).  AND, for buying them I'm getting another $20 credit.  Thanks Amazon!

Ail said:just drink more coffee :P

I could use more sleep but I have to get up to get to work and I can't go to bed before 2-3 am...

Yeah, I quit caffeine in college.  That probably accounts for most of the difference.

Damn I didnt realize Amazon had such benefits, I always just buy at best buy for new and ebay for used. might have to start trying amazon

Around the Network
Draven26 said:
Damn I didnt realize Amazon had such benefits, I always just buy at best buy for new and ebay for used. might have to start trying amazon

Amazon beats Best Buy alone simply because of no tax and no shipping charges (in TX, anyway).  And then their prices are still a few bucks cheaper than MSRP usually.

HideoK said:
Playstation Lifestyle has a top 100 PS3 games list.
Out of the 100 games I’ve played the full retail release of 56 of them.
Still waiting to play 6 of them:

Assassins Creed 2, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Demon’s Souls, Dragon Age Origins, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

So 62 out of 100 ain’t bad. If I included demos I’d have played 80 out of the 100 games.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/11/04/the-top-100-ps3-games/

I own about 45 of them... and have probably played 1/2 to 2/3 of those 45, haha.

fadetoone said:
Draven26 said:

Amazon beats Best Buy alone simply because of no tax and no shipping charges (in TX, anyway).  And then their prices are still a few bucks cheaper than MSRP usually.

if i buy modern warfare 2 from amazon will i get it the day it releases?  or a few days later?

By the way it looks like BestBuy does the same thing, it's just not advertised much.
I was surfing the reward zone site today and they have coupons to print that will reward you with 10$ giftcard for the purchase of each of the following games :
- Dragon Age Origins, MW2, AC2..

You gave to be a gamer club member for those but that membership is free as long as you are a reward zone member...

So instead of waiting a few weeks I am getting Dragon Age Origins today to grab my 10$ giftcard ( you have to purchase it the week of the release to qualify for the giftcard).

In the end I think Amazon and BestBuy match if you are members.

I get an average 10-11% cash back on every game at bestBuy with silver reward zone member + Best Buy master card + reward zone Gamer club.

Add 10$ giftcards and prices are getting pretty low...

PS : heck it looks like by getting Borderlands in my buy 2 get 1 for free deal I will get 150 extra reward zone points( 3$ or so) because they had an offer for everyone purchasing that game 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
WTB : more time to play games...

If you find some, mind letting me borrow a little? :P