By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@Arcturus

WHAT? Noooooo

DirtybynAture :,-(

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

For those interested I found the perfect settings to make Madden realistic, challenging but not feel like the computer is cheating.

Try All Pro, CPU difficulty sliders all set to 100% ( except pass defense to 90%) and play 15 min quarters with 15 seconds accelerated clock.

It feels realistic and the scores aren't crazy high ( CPU pass rush makes it hard to do long passes, or even to get through all your receivers).
Basically what the CPU sliders does is make the AI players play at their rating.
Like a 90+ LE facing your 75 RG will totally destroy him and sack you a lot if you don't pass quick ( and those are the worse sacks because I can pick up if the cpu sends a blittz but if it's just the 3 defensives guys that manage to get past my block and sack me I never see it coming as I am busy going through my receivers..).

Any good back controlled by the CPU will almost always break the first tackle too if it's isn't a good MLB or Safety tackling him...( I wish I could do that with my back lol..)

Did 4 games today with that difficulty and lost 3, 1 was a close loss and arguably I played stupidly in 2 of the losses and should have won( gave too many interceptions and went for a couple 4th down I failed to transform instead of doing an easy FG) but that was facing lowly teams, not the Pats or the Steelers...

Only issue I have is the CPU blitzzes are so effective I end up passing a lot to my back and he's my best receiver right now. I need to learn more than the 6 passing scheme I always use to play more realistically....( I'm probably going to restart a franchise with those settings, the last one is in its 5th year but even on ALL pro with default settings it isn't very challenging).

The CPU safety tackles and pursuits very well with those settings too and it's hard to go all the way ( I've been tackled twice on the 10 yard line after a 50yard+ rush). It's quite rare to return an interception for a TD too, you usually get tackled shortly after making it ( whereas with default settings I had a year where Champ Bailey returned 7 of his 8th interceptions for TDs..)

One last thing I noticed with those settings and that duration is the stats your players get are quite close to what they would be getting in a real game...( and more comparable to what the players in the other teams get in simulated games).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Hooray for updated. Great work always Arcturus, hope u enjoyed ur vacation.

Damm thats alot of platinums.

Ashley another 4 plats nice.

@arcturus hope you had a good holiday and fresh for more gaming now :)
you missed overlord 2 and g.i joe from the platinum announcments for firsts :( how could you forget me :( lol

@ashley only a matter of time till you pass me now, thou congrats with the plats just wonder if you can challenge getrdone and yl ksa and old timer hideok

fadetoone said:
I think you missed a digit on the most plats by game list.

Missed that, thanks. I'll fix that.

Around the Network

@mattbfg: What did I miss? Did you earn those plats and I missed that? I'll have to go back and check.

I have 998 trophy points damn i was pushing for 1,000 this update but you can't have everything

wow i actually moved up a spot, i thought for sure i was moving down a couple spots

@mattffg
You'll probably be passing this old timer very soon too. Only 3 points difference.

@Arcturus

Hope you had a very nice vacation. Great work as always. And whats all this talk about a "fleshlight"? We need to all chip in and buy him a game!

My next week might be incredibly slow, thanks to me being hooked on Cross Edge and with Gamefly being ridiculously slow with picking the next game they're sending to me (even though I have something like 30 games on my list that are out).