By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Brimstone boy, hell yeah! I've been on a roll lately. These iron man runs are so stressful though. Even if you save the easy levels for the end it's still nerve wrecking and easy to make a mistake.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Oct 18, 2016

VGChartz Trophy League - 2016 Season

VGChartz Trophy League - Overall Rankings

VGChartz Platinum Leaderboard

Busiest Members

Latest Platinums

The third most trophies earned this week and the cod4 platinum. I'll take that!

TY for the update :)
Well it turned to be a great update for me!

3 games on fastest/1st achiever!
2nd busiest!
3rd spot for the year!

Something's wrong... The system has counted some of our plats twice for this update.

I now also have 105.4% completion on the 2016 season ladder, haha.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Around the Network

Hey guys

I've been pretty busy and my gaming time has declined because I started at a new job September 1st, holidays, etc.

I also have to say that I'm losing more and more interest in trophy hunting, just because I feel like platinuming games requires an amount of "work", meaning doing stuff you don't really enjoy - or frustration, because it's hard - and I guess I value my gaming time more as I get older.

This doesn't mean I don't like trophies anymore, but I tend do go for less plats than before, because I'm willing to "work" less for them than before.

I think a lot of trophy hunters have gone through this process and I guess it's totally normal.

Anyway, gaming means different things to different people, but maybe you could ask yourself if trophy hunting, in whatever level of dedication you practice it, is really worth the time and effort.

Cheers

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:

Hey guys

I've been pretty busy and my gaming time has declined because I started at a new job September 1st, holidays, etc.

I also have to say that I'm losing more and more interest in trophy hunting, just because I feel like platinuming games requires an amount of "work", meaning doing stuff you don't really enjoy - or frustration, because it's hard - and I guess I value my gaming time more as I get older.

This doesn't mean I don't like trophies anymore, but I tend do go for less plats than before, because I'm willing to "work" less for them than before.

I think a lot of trophy hunters have gone through this process and I guess it's totally normal.

Anyway, gaming means different things to different people, but maybe you could ask yourself if trophy hunting, in whatever level of dedication you practice it, is really worth the time and effort.

Cheers

I go through an up and down cycle with plats and such myself.  I have reached a point where I feel comfortable with letting the last few trophies on a game I liked but didn't love go.  Now I just focus on getting the plats on games I want a reason to continue playing after the credits roll.

Esquoret said:
Something's wrong... The system has counted some of our plats twice for this update.

I now also have 105.4% completion on the 2016 season ladder, haha.

I'll see if I can fix it for the next update.

ghettoglamour said:

Hey guys

Cheers

I know how you feel. I don't have much time for gaming these days, which means my backlog is growing. I don't want to be spending my time grinding for a platinum when I could be enjoying another game. I tend to only go for platinum trophies that are reasonably achievable, and not a chore/grind to get.

Neodegenerate said:
ghettoglamour said:

Hey guys

Cheers

I go through an up and down cycle with plats and such myself.  I have reached a point where I feel comfortable with letting the last few trophies on a game I liked but didn't love go.  Now I just focus on getting the plats on games I want a reason to continue playing after the credits roll.

Same here.  By the time I finish Jak 2 I'll need 1 trophy for platinum.  It will involve finding about 150 collectibles that I'll need a YT tutorial for.  In the past I'd probably done it.  But now I'll likely just move on.  I value getting through my backlog more then a platinum I won't enjoy. 

Versus_Evil said:
Plat #46 Rise of the tomb raider.

Fucks sake.  You'll pass me out soon.  I'm on 52!

Arcturus said:
ghettoglamour said:

Hey guys

Cheers

I know how you feel. I don't have much time for gaming these days, which means my backlog is growing. I don't want to be spending my time grinding for a platinum when I could be enjoying another game. I tend to only go for platinum trophies that are reasonably achievable, and not a chore/grind to get.

Same here.  Recently I got cod4 because it's one of my all time favs.  

I'll likely skip the final trophy on Jak 2 because I can't be arsed spending 2 hours collecting things using a YT tutorial.  

I'm playing battlefield 1 now,  and while I likely won't rush it to platinum,  I plan on playing the game for many months if not a full year online and will very likely pick up all the trophies along the way.