By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Thx for the update Arc, hope you enjoyed the Sony E3 conference because I thought it was amazing.

Around the Network

Thx for update Arc

I wonder which will win the GOTY battle -- Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Esquoret said:
I wonder which will win the GOTY battle -- Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?

Add Bloodborne too.

after almost a month of no gaming, I've finally been able to play regularly again. Got the platinum for Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship edition. I found it to be much easier than the first time, from what I've read it sounds like the nerfed one of the bosses, that being able to activate intensio made other fights and bosses much easier. The orbs weren't as hard this time around and in fact you can fly before the game is over because of the extra orb, making several platforming sections no longer a challenge and puzzle. I still enjoying it, I just wasn't expecting easier.

Soon I'll be getting my 5,000th trophy. I'm thinking of what I want it to be. Since I'm at 4,994 I need to decide soon. I'm thinking the platinum for LBP or TLOU. If TLOU I'd have to do all the multiplayer trophies and, all the optional conversations, so another play through as well. LBP I'd just need to get party person and I'd get the plat.

edit: has to be lbp the dlc trophies in TLOU would push me to far

Around the Network
Tbone said:
OMG!!! FF7 REMAKE!!!!

THIS!

I was blown away by the announcement. I played FF7 when it first came out in 1997 and it was the first RPG I ever played. First game that showed me how powerful games could be as a storytelling and cinematic medium and I really do credit it into making me the gamer I still am today. I really thought this was never going to exist after all those comments from the devs saying it wasn't happening and how it would take too long to make... or they wanted to, but not until another Final Fantasy game passed FF7 in quality (or sales? or both?). I gave up hope.

It's happening!! Now I just hope they don't screw it up. I'd like them to fix a few things in the translation and most importantly keep the battle sytem like the original active time battle system. Maybe have it so that if you're fast enough in the menu's you can stop an enemy mid-attack while they were running up to you (like in FFX-2). I don't really want to see a FFXV style battle system, but I have a feeling this is the direction they are heading.  Would like to see things like skipable summons (FF8 had this) so you aren't forced to watch a near minute long Knights of the Round over and over. Would like to see early summons like Ifret and Shiva be worthy of using later in the game, if you level them up as they became too weak too early on. Finally add lots of extra missions and story content while staying true to the original. I heard a long time ago quite a few things were cut from the script into the final game. Add those back if they can. Add new materia combinations and status boosts. Add a harder difficulty setting, possibly more bosses as challenging as Ruby and Emerald weapon. And finally I'm torn on this one, but it would be nice to be able to bring a certain someone back to life post game. This was one of the rumored things cut from the script. Not sure if it's true. But then again the death of this main character makes the game so much more impactful. I can't think of another game that killed off a main character that you cared about as much.

Sony hands down won E3 for me by throwing a phoenix down, down on stage and resurrecting one of my favorite games of all time.  Now I just gotta wait until probably 2017 at the earliest. Or with SquareEnix recent track history 2018... 2019, 2020... hopefully not that long. Seems like SquareEnix was lost last gen and their success has been tied to PlayStation ever since the PS1 when they were an RPG producing machine. Now that PS4 is so successful and easy to develop for out of the gate it looks like they are willing to make a lot more games for Sony and get back to their roots. Wonder how long FF7 will be a PlayStation exclusive?

My 2nd favorite game of the show was Horizon: Zero Dawn. Very interesting concept.
Fallout 4 also really impressed. Really like the way they do simple things like choosing how your character looks as if it's a conversation in front of the mirror with your wife.

My 2nd favorite game of the show was Horizon: Zero Dawn. Very interesting concept.
Fallout 4 also really impressed. Really like the way they do simple things like choosing how your character looks as if it's a conversation in front of the mirror with your wife.