By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

For anyone who might still be interested in WKC or WKC2's plats, know that the US/EU (I think EU is included) servers are getting shut down in June.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
cmeese47 said:
I thought the Ni no kuni platinum was fairly easy

May I ask you some questions about Ni No Kuni?

1. How much time is needed for platinum? 

I got the Plat in 62 hours

2. How much do you have to grind?

I would say about 10 hours of grinding to beat the secret boss and complete the S rank in solesseum. While leveling up you want to level up familiars to quickly get to the 250 needed. Getting items for alchemy can be a little frustrating but they are in a specific spot so its really not that hard.

3. Can you enjoy the main story and the side quests you want and then focus on trophies. Or do you have to keep an eye on trophies all the time?

Yep the game can be beaten and then all the trophies not story related or naturally gotten can be gotten post game.

4. Are there many boring, dull trophies?

The only trophy I really disliked was the alchemy 120 different items. 

I'm getting the game anyway sooner or less, I just don't know if I want to get the plat or not. Bros before hos. Fun before trophies, you know

It was fun for 60 hours an annoying grind for 2

Gah dropped another spot.
Down to 12th on the overall list...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

HideoK said:

With my backlog of games I thought I could wait for a price drop for Bioshock Infinite, but then some of those perfect 10/10 scores came out and a 94 on metacritic and now I don't think I can hold out much longer to play this masterpiece!!

I played it for a few hours last night... pretty good so far.  I'm missing the lack of "save anywhere" but the game hasn't been too unforgiving on hard (yet), although it costs money to resurrect yourself.  I'm not sure what happens if you're out of money and die.

Thx for the update.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
HideoK said:

With my backlog of games I thought I could wait for a price drop for Bioshock Infinite, but then some of those perfect 10/10 scores came out and a 94 on metacritic and now I don't think I can hold out much longer to play this masterpiece!!

I played it for a few hours last night... pretty good so far.  I'm missing the lack of "save anywhere" but the game hasn't been too unforgiving on hard (yet), although it costs money to resurrect yourself.  I'm not sure what happens if you're out of money and die.

I should add that it essentially cost me $30.  I still wouldn't pay $60 for a game in this day and age, especially with my backlog.

HideoK said:
Esquoret said:

Ni No Kuni and Dead Space 3 are both testing my patience. But I really prefer to finish up at least one of them before moving onto something fresh, namely Bioshock Infinite.

It's 95 on the PS3 metacritic page now! Well I'm aiming to at least wait until April 10th when the rest of my family goes away on holidays, leaving me home alone to enjoy the game without any disturbance. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take a look at the short novel, "Bioshock Infinite: Mind in Revolt", in preparation, and work my trophy completion rate to over 90% before loading up another new game.

But yes, it's tempting! I'm keeping the game still wrapped, because I know if it's opened, it's gonna fly straight into the console...

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Thanks for the update again arcturus.
Atleast I kept my 78th spot. whew!

fadetoone said:

I should add that it essentially cost me $30.  I still wouldn't pay $60 for a game in this day and age, especially with my backlog.

Yeah with the exception of a few must own (day 1) games I'm going to try to not pay the full $60 the rest of this generation. I have over 10 games backlogged right now so it just makes more sense to wait for price drops. I think there are only 4 more games I want to buy day 1 this gen. They are: The Last of Us, MGS 5, GTA V, and Beyond Two Souls. If MGS 5 and GTA V are coming to PS4 at close to the same time then I will hold off on the PS3 versions.  

Esquoret said:

It's 95 on the PS3 metacritic page now! Well I'm aiming to at least wait until April 10th when the rest of my family goes away on holidays, leaving me home alone to enjoy the game without any disturbance. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take a look at the short novel, "Bioshock Infinite: Mind in Revolt", in preparation, and work my trophy completion rate to over 90% before loading up another new game.

But yes, it's tempting! I'm keeping the game still wrapped, because I know if it's opened, it's gonna fly straight into the console...

I laughed at this There is no stopping you if that plastic seal breaks.