By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Esquoret said:
HideoK said:
@Esquoret
You still have the most impressive trophy list I've ever seen. Platinum or 100% complete in every single game you've ever played! Nice, 100% in Arkham City too.

Wait, hold on... what happened to Uncharted 3!? Only 3%

To be honest I think many people in our league could most certainly do the same, if not better, if they wanted to. I have to do it because it's a personality thing - I abandoned my account last time that it became impossible to achieve a platinum trophy in Brutal Legend due to the online server being broken and stats keep resetting. I might have mentioned this before. It's kinda of a sad behavour.

So anyways, my rules are simple: Platinum all retail games, 100% in PSN titles. DLC is optional, but it's either get all DLC trophies or none at all.

That's the reason I went back to get Arkham City back to 100%. Well, actually, I got the platinum while also playing as the Catwoman, so in fact I touched DLC early on. However I was tempted to break my own rules because at that time I couldn't be bothered to spend all that time with Robin and Nightwing just for a few bronze trophies. But, as you know, they announced the Harley Quinn DLC recently, which has story so it's a must get, therefore I thought I'll finish up Robin and Nightwing challenges after all. Was alright since I've rested from the game for months.

I'm glad that I can be happy with being able to not touch DLC at all, since there are games that I know could be impossible (or at least a great pain) for me to get it to 100%, such as Mirror's Edge or a few with tough multiplayer requirements.

Tbone has linked a few trophy profiles. While the first is a broken link, the second guy, "CompSci88", seems to have an impressive list, having the goal of getting everything to 100% (still working on Black Ops I presume). But I'm willing to bet that he has skipped playing a few games to maintain that profile. The third guy, "Jeankarlo", seems to have a very similar approach to me (interesting that he also chose to ignore Mirror's Edge DLC). If I keep it up for 5 more years then my profile could look something like that.

The lucky thing for me is that I genuinely have no interest in fighting, racing, sports, and most Japanese RPGs. So that's rids a lot of pressure.

Oh, and don't worry about Uncharted 3, I'm gonna finish that next month. As you can see, I had merely gotten the two online trophies for now - puts my mind at ease that everything else is singleplayer. Even though those 2 trophies are extremely simple online trophies, it shows that I'm quite sensitive to multiplayer components. And it's always good to do them early, when more people are playing.

Anyways, platinum trophy hunting will die down for me this year. I got to the 50-platinum mark in about 2 years. But I'm estimating for this year I'll probably only get around 15 (or maybe less), due to Diablo 3, a busier schedule, and a possible vacation. But that's okay. It just means I'll focus more on the better games to play.

Damn you dont want to be looking at my profile then it will freak you out. only 62% completion, and thats me really trying, up from 54% a year ago. 247 Games played tho :D

Around the Network

in yourgamercads the % represents about the 100% games that you have or the total of trophies?

I think that I already asked that before... but, whats the diference with the psnprofiles (http://psnprofiles.com/lebeau) because the two of them count 208 games played for me, so I think that the 0% games in my profile are being counted.

Xenostar said:
Esquoret said:
HideoK said:
@Esquoret
You still have the most impressive trophy list I've ever seen. Platinum or 100% complete in every single game you've ever played! Nice, 100% in Arkham City too.

Wait, hold on... what happened to Uncharted 3!? Only 3%

To be honest I think many people in our league could most certainly do the same, if not better, if they wanted to. I have to do it because it's a personality thing - I abandoned my account last time that it became impossible to achieve a platinum trophy in Brutal Legend due to the online server being broken and stats keep resetting. I might have mentioned this before. It's kinda of a sad behavour.

So anyways, my rules are simple: Platinum all retail games, 100% in PSN titles. DLC is optional, but it's either get all DLC trophies or none at all.

That's the reason I went back to get Arkham City back to 100%. Well, actually, I got the platinum while also playing as the Catwoman, so in fact I touched DLC early on. However I was tempted to break my own rules because at that time I couldn't be bothered to spend all that time with Robin and Nightwing just for a few bronze trophies. But, as you know, they announced the Harley Quinn DLC recently, which has story so it's a must get, therefore I thought I'll finish up Robin and Nightwing challenges after all. Was alright since I've rested from the game for months.

I'm glad that I can be happy with being able to not touch DLC at all, since there are games that I know could be impossible (or at least a great pain) for me to get it to 100%, such as Mirror's Edge or a few with tough multiplayer requirements.

Tbone has linked a few trophy profiles. While the first is a broken link, the second guy, "CompSci88", seems to have an impressive list, having the goal of getting everything to 100% (still working on Black Ops I presume). But I'm willing to bet that he has skipped playing a few games to maintain that profile. The third guy, "Jeankarlo", seems to have a very similar approach to me (interesting that he also chose to ignore Mirror's Edge DLC). If I keep it up for 5 more years then my profile could look something like that.

The lucky thing for me is that I genuinely have no interest in fighting, racing, sports, and most Japanese RPGs. So that's rids a lot of pressure.

Oh, and don't worry about Uncharted 3, I'm gonna finish that next month. As you can see, I had merely gotten the two online trophies for now - puts my mind at ease that everything else is singleplayer. Even though those 2 trophies are extremely simple online trophies, it shows that I'm quite sensitive to multiplayer components. And it's always good to do them early, when more people are playing.

Anyways, platinum trophy hunting will die down for me this year. I got to the 50-platinum mark in about 2 years. But I'm estimating for this year I'll probably only get around 15 (or maybe less), due to Diablo 3, a busier schedule, and a possible vacation. But that's okay. It just means I'll focus more on the better games to play.

Damn you dont want to be looking at my profile then it will freak you out. only 62% completion, and thats me really trying, up from 54% a year ago. 247 Games played tho :D

Or mine. While I used to be pretty good at completing my games to 100%, I think as I got more games and my tendency to get a lot of grind-heavy games, I tended to jump around with games more often.

Dark Odin said:
in yourgamercads the % represents about the 100% games that you have or the total of trophies?

I think that I already asked that before... but, whats the diference with the psnprofiles (http://psnprofiles.com/lebeau) because the two of them count 208 games played for me, so I think that the 0% games in my profile are being counted.

0% are counted.

it's total number of trophies achieved /total number of trophies achievable ( based on the game you have installed, included all their DLCs, even if you have not purchased them).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@Ail
If you play GTA IV and MLB 09 The Show you could probably go up 1-3% points.

I don't care as much as I used to about getting 100% in everything. I'd rather play new games then work on long time consuming trophies if they aren't fun or don't add any significant replay value to my experience. Still proud of my past 26 game 100% streak, nearly 41 games  actually... a few titles stopped me from that.

Around the Network

hummm now I got it! yes, the data from yourgamercards is the most "fair" for me.

I bought fallout 3 goty and i´m planning to get 100% in it (I have platinum and 53%, so many DLC..), almost same thing with burnout paradise. it´s so strange to look at a game that you have platinum and not even 70% of completion.

I don´t care so much with this (there are some PSN games and things like mercenaries 2 that i´ll never touch..). But i´m going to work to put this number in at least 75% in the next months.

HideoK said:

@Ail
If you play GTA IV and MLB 09 The Show you could probably go up 1-3% points.

I don't care as much as I used to about getting 100% in everything. I'd rather play new games then work on long time consuming trophies if they aren't fun or don't add any significant replay value to my experience. Still proud of my past 26 game 100% streak, nearly 41 games  actually... a few titles stopped me from that.

Never going to play MLB the Show as it was a rent that i sent back a long time ago.

Doubt I will play GTA IV again too.

But despite this i should be able to reach 85% or close to that by the end of the year.. ( once my craving for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 fades...)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

KZ3 plat! Fairly simple. Is the KZ2 Elite mode about the same as 3?

Im finally out of the last place!!!!!!!!!!

Jboy0990 said:
KZ3 plat! Fairly simple. Is the KZ2 Elite mode about the same as 3?

No. KZ3 Elite is easy compared to KZ2.