By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Decided to take a small break from WKC2 today when I noticed my Jak and Daxter Collection came in the mail, so I started on the first game and it will most likely be a 1* platinum, methinks (might be a 2*, but I don't know). Most of the trophies in all three games are all story-related, but the collection trophies in 2 and 3 are going to make them very challenging, while the collection trophies in the first aren't too bad at all (first could finished in a day or two).

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Tbone said:
postofficebuddy said:

This got me thinking about my plat difficulty rating. I did some research and if I platted every single 4 and 5 star game in my collection my average rating would be 3.95. Or just over 4 if the impossible happened and I managed to gold the vettel X1 challenges (although I have been thinking about getting a wheel for a while now). Of course that many 4 and 5 stars isn't very practical and would probably take years. I think I'll try to get my average over 3.5 though. SSF4 shouldn't really take me that long. I just really haven't been in the mood to grind out those stupid trials again. KOFXIII might be doable as well. Ignoring the 1 joke rating over on PS3trophies.org that game is a 9.11. 5 star?

U are lucky u don´t have to do all of them since it would be harder than SSF4. But like BBCS it has gotten a bit easier with dlc characters

Is the combo difficulty in that game in the timing or is it more of a clean input type of thing? I used to have a lot of trouble with the latter, but I've been working on it lately using Bang in BBCS. His combos in FRKZ mode require extremely clean inputs.

Don´t really know exact, looks like the timing is very strict. Heckeven Vesperarcade says its 10/10 in difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GWQMNPJcYY

The SSF4 trials and Mvc3 took him a couple of days to upload all but KOFXIII has taken him much longer.

AFFLICTION said:
EncodedNybble said:
My trophy progress has ground to a halt. A week ago I was laid off (along with the rest of the company). I've been on a frantic (5-8 hours of calls and/or interviews a day) since.

So, surprisingly, unemployment has actually hindered my ability to advance my trophy hunting. Go figure!

That is quite ironic! And if you don't mind my asking which company did you work for?

Either way good luck on finding new employment.

Thanks! It was a small facebook gaming company. I'm currently in progress at Riot Games, Pop Cap, Ubisoft, High Moon Studios, and lots of smaller mobile gaming companies. Hopefully someone will give me a good job :)

EncodedNybble said:
AFFLICTION said:
EncodedNybble said:
My trophy progress has ground to a halt. A week ago I was laid off (along with the rest of the company). I've been on a frantic (5-8 hours of calls and/or interviews a day) since.

So, surprisingly, unemployment has actually hindered my ability to advance my trophy hunting. Go figure!

That is quite ironic! And if you don't mind my asking which company did you work for?

Thanks! It was a small facebook gaming company. I'm currently in progress at Riot Games, Pop Cap, Ubisoft, High Moon Studios, and lots of smaller mobile gaming companies. Hopefully someone will give me a good job :)

Pretty interesting line of work you got going there. And for your sake I hope you get a good job as well  

Well after a week playing Kingdom of Amalur : Reckoning I can say this won't be a fast platinum.
I've spent close to 25 hours in the game and still haven't seen explored more than half of the map...

PS : got my first NGS2 trophies in under a year, never gonna plat it but in my quest for a higher completion rate I cleared a couple trophies this week-end..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:
AFFLICTION said:
EncodedNybble said:

If you get hired on with High Moon, make them make Darkwatch 2.

Godamn I thought Amazon customer service was great but I was wrong.
It is simply amazing..................

I preordered Kingdom of Amalur for the full price and got it one week ago on release day as expected.
And just today I got an e-mail from them telling me that due to a price drop in the last week ( after the game was released) they are giving me a 20$ credit......
Who else on earth does that ???????

No time for the update last night. Might do this weeks update tonight.

Ail said:

I preordered Kingdom of Amalur for the full price and got it one week ago on release day as expected.
And just today I got an e-mail from them telling me that due to a price drop in the last week ( after the game was released) they are giving me a 20$ credit......

Let's see... Best Buy, Walmart, Target... granted you have to go to CS, but they do it...

This is the first time Amazon has done this in a while though.  Usually they only give you the price difference if it dropped on release day or before.

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Let's see... Best Buy, Walmart, Target... granted you have to go to CS, but they do it...

This is the first time Amazon has done this in a while though.  Usually they only give you the price difference if it dropped on release day or before.

Yeah release day or before I would have expected it, but one week after release ?

Well I cancelled my ME3 preorder and redid it using the credit ;)

Despite the fact that gift code expires on february 28th you can actually use it to preorder items that release after that date...