By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Esquoret said:
Recent upcoming releases (that I care about):
- Deus Ex
- Resistance 3
- Dead Island

Who's playing what first?

I plan to only buy 2 games from now through September and the first game is definitely Resistance 3. Also based on reviews I think I will eventually pick up Dead Island unless there is a great pre-order bonus. Dues Ex I have no interest in even though I enjoyed the original on PC... however I've lost interest in the series after the first sequel Invisible War. Plus I didn't think the trailer for Human Revolution looked all that good.

The 2nd game I plan to get in September is the God of War Origins Collection.

October & November are a bit crazy then with a lot more game I'd like to get (at least 1 per week!) 

October: RAGE, Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Silent Hill: Downpour

November: Uncharted 3, LOTR: War in the North, Modern Warfare 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, AC Revelations, MGS Collection

Now I'm a little bummed out the new SSX and Twisted Metal got pushed to next year, but I should be relieved because there is more than enough awesome new games that I won't nearly have the time to play them all.  In fact I bet Skyrim would be all I need.

Around the Network

If you could only play 3 games the rest of this year, what would they be?
Mine would be in this order:

1) Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception
2) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3) Batman Arkham City

HideoK said:
Esquoret said:
- Deus Ex
- Resistance 3
- Dead Island

I plan to only buy 2 games from now through September and the first game is definitely Resistance 3. Also based on reviews I think I will eventually pick up Dead Island unless there is a great pre-order bonus. Dues Ex I have no interest in even though I enjoyed the original on PC... however I've lost interest in the series after the first sequel Invisible War. Plus I didn't think the trailer for Human Revolution looked all that good.

The 2nd game I plan to get in September is the God of War Origins Collection.

October & November are a bit crazy then with a lot more game I'd like to get (at least 1 per week!) 

October: RAGE, Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Silent Hill: Downpour

November: Uncharted 3, LOTR: War in the North, Modern Warfare 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, AC Revelations, MGS Collection

Now I'm a little bummed out the new SSX and Twisted Metal got pushed to next year, but I should be relieved because there is more than enough awesome new games that I won't nearly have the time to play them all.  In fact I bet Skyrim would be all I need.

Yeah Resistance 3 should be a quick one to be honest. Hope it's more interesting than Killzone 3.

I might get Dead Island first though (if reviews are good), since there are a couple of online trophies that's better done before the community dies down.

Deus Ex interests me because I do enjoy a good steampunk setting, and it's got RPG elements. Also the trophies look like a good challenge, hopefully it's at least a 3-star plat.

So...you planning to send your girl off for a long holiday during October - November?

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Esquoret said:
So...you planning to send your girl off for a long holiday during October - November?

Yes, I already have what I'm going to say figured out.

"I think we should take a break to see other people games."

Thrown my shoulder out trying to do Sports Champions, some of those Gold Events really are hard, and i swear the win each event with each character trophy is bugged, i definitely did it but its not popped :(

Finished Castlevania, loved the ending, going back though on very hard now trying to do the trials as i go.

Around the Network
Esquoret said:
- Deus Ex
- Resistance 3
- Dead Island

There are like 15 or so games coming out by Christmas that I am interested in, but the ones I really want are Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles II, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Arkham City, Dead Island and Deus Ex. I'll probably look closely at reviews and people's reactions with Dead Island, but the rest of those games are in my sights because of their prequels.

HideoK said:

If you could only play 3 games the rest of this year, what would they be?
Mine would be in this order:

2) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3) Batman Arkham City

1. Uncharted 3

2. Dark Souls

3. Ico Collection

well....

2) Dark Souls
3) Resistance 3

since I think that Tales of Graces F was delayed to 2012...

chenguo4 said:
Ail said:
Broke 81% completion rate ;)

I'm at 92%

you're 86.6 !

http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Chenguo4

Bet you checked a site that doesn't include the 0% or DLCs...

Man you completed all the large challenge in Borderlands Underdome ?

That's some dedication...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

MasterVG71782 said:
viewtiful_jon said:
Oh damn, aciddently got EDF of Ebay, only bid $15 so didnt think I would win, Game looks fantastic but everyone here is saying its a big grind. I played too many grinding games lately and almost done with Wizardry which althought not as long as WKC fells like its longer due to the pointless-ness of it all.

I think if it wasn't for the 200 hour trophy for Wizardry, it could probably be finished in like 80-100 hours (from estimates I've read). I just wonder what it will be like if they bring the other PS3 Wizardry over to the US, since there's a trophy for having 500 hours played (the rest of the game could be finished in like 100-150 hours or so).

Also, yes there is quite a grind for EDF, but it's a very fun game.

EDF would be a lot better if you earned exp on failed missions and if there was one more chapter.

As it is you have to play again and again the easy misssions to level and it gets old fast..........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !