By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Xenostar said:
On the new forum buddy thing on the left does anyone else get when highlighting this thread a popup that says "-21 new posts" all the time?

It only seems to do it on this thread, bloody annoying as its the one i want to look at the most.

Yep, I've seen the same new post count "-21". Although this time it showed "-18".

I've submitted this as issue in the bug thread, but I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
Xenostar said:
On the new forum buddy thing on the left does anyone else get when highlighting this thread a popup that says "-21 new posts" all the time?

It only seems to do it on this thread, bloody annoying as its the one i want to look at the most.

Yep, I've seen the same new post count "-21". Although this time it showed "-18".

I've submitted this as issue in the bug thread, but I doubt they'll do anything about it.

yeah it probably does that because it used to send you back a page when you quoted someone,some threads seem to go through this but maybe its fixed now,i'll guess i'll find out after this post

Edit- yes it does

Above & Beyond

OOOooOOo its the half way point on the 2011 League tomorrow, im gunning for top spot this month!!! :P

Playing some old games with no trophies now (Enchanted Arms) and some PS2 games that I never got around (Deus Ex, Radiata Stories, Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2) so unlikely that I will have activity for awhile until Fall rolls around when I'll be buying a million games (Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, MW3, Skyrim, PS Vita, Catherine, No More Heroes PS3, Bodycount, Deus Ex HR, Child of Eden (?), Dead Island, Resistance 3, Disgaea 4, White Knight C 2, Dark Souls, Rage, Twisted Metal, Arkham City, Ratch & Clank AF1,  AC: Revelations = OMG).

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-1019-PS3T-s-Trophy-Awards-2011.html

Most Time Consuming Individual Trophy - Gold Standard (Gran Turismo 5)

Hardest Individual Trophy - Gold Standard (Gran Turismo 5)

Hardest overall platinum - Gran Turismo 5

Congrats again to chenguo4 as the only person here to plat the game. Anyone else close to GT5 plat?

Around the Network
HideoK said:

Congrats again to chenguo4 as the only person here to plat the game. Anyone else close to GT5 plat?

Pah they had NFS:Hot pursuit as easiest racing Platinum, clearly not enough people played Motorstorm 3. 

Yeah I thought NFS: HP wasn't that easy although I never played Motorstorm 3. Was also surprised to see Fallout New Vegas as easiest RPG platinum and Mass Effect 2 as the hardest RPG platinum.

@Marcio
You're game comes out today. Starting price is only $40.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043QQNXK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=plays0b-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399369&creativeASIN=B0043QQNXK

HideoK said:

I'm rather close but had to take a break with step daughter being here on vacations for 6 weeks...( I can't have dedicated 6h+ GT5 sessions).

Last time I played I still needed the following gold :

- Suzuka X1 ( haven't started working on that).

- Nurburgrind X1 ( was 4.2 second from gold and I was working on that event).

- Eiger gold ( 0.045 from the gold, I have everything to get the gold, just need that good lap that has been eluding me, my plan is to go back and get this once I do all the X1 stuff).

+ some leveling and 24h Nurburgrind.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Everyone see the rumored reports from a Taiwanese manufacturer that PS4 is going to come out in 2012?
That would follow the typical 6 year life cycle that PS1 to PS2 had, as well as PS2 to PS3. I know Sony has talked about their 10 year support for PS3, but what does that mean exactly? Even PS2 was sold in stores for another 4 years after PS3 released so that technically had 10 year support although w/ less games of course. Perhaps, the same will happen to the PS3 with continued firmware updates for another 4 years.

Personally I would be happy to upgrade to a PS4 next year, and with a new system we'll see more advances in gaming engines & graphics technology although I'm definitely still very content with the current graphics and lineup of games coming out on PS3. Still I'm always excited at the thought of something better and having owned a PS3 for 5 years this november I wouldn't feel burned by a new system releasing too soon. 6 years by winter 2012 would be fine with me.

What are your guys thoughts?

HideoK said:
Everyone see the rumored reports from a Taiwanese manufacturer that PS4 is going to come out in 2012?
That would follow the typical 6 year life cycle that PS1 to PS2 had, as well as PS2 to PS3. I know Sony has talked about their 10 year support for PS3, but what does that mean exactly? Even PS2 was sold in stores for another 4 years after PS3 released so that technically had 10 year support although w/ less games of course. Perhaps, the same will happen to the PS3 with continued firmware updates for another 4 years.

Personally I would be happy to upgrade to a PS4 next year, and with a new system we'll see more advances in gaming engines & graphics technology although I'm definitely still very content with the current graphics and lineup of games coming out on PS3. Still I'm always excited at the thought of something better and having owned a PS3 for 5 years this november I wouldn't feel burned by a new system releasing too soon. 6 years by winter 2012 would be fine with me.

What are your guys thoughts?

not happening.

Earliest is 2013 I think.

Software hasn't started to decline and as long as it hasn't there is no need for Sony to release a new gen.( the trigger for new gen is when software revenue on current gen starts to go down heavilly, PS3 forecast for this year is same software numbers as last year)

2012 looks like it will be an ok year for software too with GTA5...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !