By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

I was hoping to plat LA Noire and SSFIV by this next updated but now I'm doubting that as I need to spend more time with my gf.

Soon (a few months) these plats will be mine! (LA nore, SSFIV, AC: B, Castlevania: LoS, Infamous 2)

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Ail said:

Got 1 bronze trophy in the last 6 days, this coming update is going to suck.......

Haven´t earned a singel trophy over a month.

My parents have been visiting for the last 10 days and they leave Thursday so hopefully this coming week end I can start earning more trophies, although as long as I am playing GT5 and Dead Nation it won'tbe a huge amount of trophies...( especially as I have realized that making lvl 40 in A-Spec in GT5 is going to be a hell grind, I'm only lvl 34 and 34 to 40 is 5 times the exp from 1 to 34....)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Tbone said:
Ail said:

Got 1 bronze trophy in the last 6 days, this coming update is going to suck.......

My parents have been visiting for the last 10 days and they leave Thursday so hopefully this coming week end I can start earning more trophies, although as long as I am playing GT5 and Dead Nation it won'tbe a huge amount of trophies...( especially as I have realized that making lvl 40 in A-Spec in GT5 is going to be a hell grind, I'm only lvl 34 and 34 to 40 is 5 times the exp from 1 to 34....)

Well, im currently in almost the same position as you. Getting dead nation from the welcome backage tomorrow and playing gt5 (a34/b38) / creating lvls in lbp2. I think at this stage, the fastest way to level up aspec is to gold the x1 challenges, they earn you alot of xp.... i gonna pass lvl34 after completing the 9h race. so i could do the first 24h race afterwards for the first time, followed by golding x1 challenges in order to reach the lvl required for the last 24h race (lvl 38 isnt it?)

More realistically, im gonna do the 9h race and then switch to bspec to get lvl40, plat a different game, do a 24h race, plat a different game, gold one x1 challenge, plat a dif game aso.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

sirvice said:
Ail said:
Tbone said:
Ail said:

Well, im currently in almost the same position as you. Getting dead nation from the welcome backage tomorrow and playing gt5 (a34/b38) / creating lvls in lbp2. I think at this stage, the fastest way to level up aspec is to gold the x1 challenges, they earn you alot of xp.... i gonna pass lvl34 after completing the 9h race. so i could do the first 24h race afterwards for the first time, followed by golding x1 challenges in order to reach the lvl required for the last 24h race (lvl 38 isnt it?)

More realistically, im gonna do the 9h race and then switch to bspec to get lvl40, plat a different game, do a 24h race, plat a different game, gold one x1 challenge, plat a dif game aso.

You don't have to do the 9h or the 24 h races in A-Spec.

You only have to gold them once in either A or B-Spec and I was planning to do that in B-Spec as a 24h A-Spec race is a bit too much for me...

Their xp sucks too, the best endurance race for xp is actually the 4h Nurburgrind..

Otherwise I am like you a 34/b38 ( 1.4mill from 39).

As for the X1, I have golded Monza, I still have to gold the 2 others which will be 4 mill xp( 1.2 mill for gold, little less for silver). The problem is I need 30 million xp for lvl 40...

Ail said:
sirvice said:
Ail said:
Tbone said:
Ail said:

You only have to gold them once in either A or B-Spec and I was planning to do that in B-Spec as a 24h A-Spec race is a bit too much for me...

Their xp sucks too, the best endurance race for xp is actually the 4h Nurburgrind..

As for the X1, I have golded Monza, I still have to gold the 2 others which will be 4 mill xp( 1.2 mill for gold, little less for silver). The problem is I need 30 million xp for lvl 40...

Grind Nurburgring >.<

With the X10, if you drive well, you can complete enough laps to win in 2:30. I think it was 27 laps, maybe you want 28 just to be safe.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:
Ail said:
sirvice said:
Ail said:
Tbone said:
Ail said:

Grind Nurburgring >.<

With the X10, if you drive well, you can complete enough laps to win in 2:30. I think it was 27 laps, maybe you want 28 just to be safe.

the AI does 28 laps so you probably need 29 ( park 100 meters from the lap end and finish the lap once the timer has run out).

I did my first 4h Nurburgring with the GT formula so it actually took me 3h30 for those 29 laps...

So my PS3 gave me the blinking red light treatment. I don't know, maybe all the GT5ing killed it. I've waited a few hours now, and it's still doing the same thing, so I'm assuming it wasn't just a simple overheat issue.

So questions for people who've dealt with this before:

1) I see some videos on youtube where you pop it open and do some soldering to get working again. Anyone has experience with this? My PS3 is from June 2008 (MGS4 bundle) so I'm sure my warranty's out.

2) If I were to get a new PS3, would I be able to just take out the hard drive on my old one and pop it in the new one? Otherwise is there some other way to extract my files?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

inFamous 2 trophy list.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/infamous-2/trophies/

Looks pretty much the same as the first. This time there is 2 golds and 1 of them is for finding all the shards :)

Ail said:
chenguo4 said:
Ail said:
sirvice said:
Ail said:
Tbone said:
Ail said:

Grind Nurburgring >.<

the AI does 28 laps so you probably need 29 ( park 100 meters from the lap end and finish the lap once the timer has run out).

I did my first 4h Nurburgring with the GT formula so it actually took me 3h30 for those 29 lap

Wow 30mil? really? omg? thats insane...  hmm nurburgring then.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

chenguo4 said:

So my PS3 gave me the blinking red light treatment. I don't know, maybe all the GT5ing killed it. I've waited a few hours now, and it's still doing the same thing, so I'm assuming it wasn't just a simple overheat issue.

So questions for people who've dealt with this before:

1) I see some videos on youtube where you pop it open and do some soldering to get working again. Anyone has experience with this? My PS3 is from June 2008 (MGS4 bundle) so I'm sure my warranty's out.

2) If I were to get a new PS3, would I be able to just take out the hard drive on my old one and pop it in the new one? Otherwise is there some other way to extract my files?

I experienced it. Im sorry to bring you the bad news but HDD swapping isnt possible (the new system would force you to reformat your HDD). If you want to keep your data you have to get your ps3 running again and transfer your data. Back up works,i dont know about that direct link between two ps3s.

The repairing is really simple, all you need is a fitting screwdriver, a hot air blower and some filler paste. You should have a simple screwdriver somewhere (many youtube vidos claim to use some special phillips ones, forget that, just use a simple one which works) , rent the hot air blower (10euro/day) and buy the filler paste (1-15euro).

After opening the case i recommend to clean the inside gently with a vacuum cleaner, then go along like the youtube videos suggest.

Be aware that the selfrepair solution is only of temporary nature, sooner or later its going to happen again (for me it was around 2months)

My personal conclusion:

When your machine works again, do a back up, format the disk, untie your psn account with the old ps3, sell it (or at least the bluray drive) and buy a new one.

Thats how i did it. Hope it helps a little.