By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

@KylieDog

Have you started your Hardcore mode playthrough yet? One of my friends was 3 hours in and died. He's taking a break from Dead Space to avoid going insane.

Around the Network
Ail said:

Get organized, get a job where you make a lot of money but don't have to work 60 hours a week ;)

I work 40 hours or so a week, sleep 7 hours or so a night, that leaves a lot of time for gaming...

Ha.  Some of us have other things we like to do as well as game.  We also have insane significant others that get all complainy when we don't pay attention to them :P

Esquoret said:
Arcturus said:
Wagram said:

Arcturus can I ask what prompted you to change the difficulty of the LBP1 platinum from 2 to 3? From personal experience I found LBP2 to be a lot harder.

I haven't changed the rating on LBP1. It has always been rated 3 stars.

I'm guessing he meant how come LBP1 was 3 stars, and now LBP2 is 2 stars - what made it easier?

Personally I think it's a good and fair decision. Platinum came alot faster around this time.

But on this note I'm just generally curious what is the usual procedure that you take to determine the star rating of a game? Like what research might you do, whose opinion you may take? Because I'm assuming you can't play every single game there is and determine yourself?

I look at a few different sources to determine what the star rating for a game should be. People in this thread give their feedback on what they think the rating for a game should be, sites like ps3trophies.org have polls where users can rate the difficulty of earning the platinum trophy for each game, and sites like yourgamercards.net show what percentage of people on that site have earned the platinum trophy for a game out of everyone who has played the game.

A question for those playing Dead Space 2:

I'm on my first playthrough of the game. If I started New Game plus when I finish, will my tallies for certain trophies carry over? For example, there is a trophy for dismembering 2500 Necromorph limbs. If I only dismember 2000 limbs in my first playthrough, would I only need to dismember 500 in New Game plus? Or do those types of trophies need to be done in a single playthrough?

fadetoone said:
Ail said:

Get organized, get a job where you make a lot of money but don't have to work 60 hours a week ;)

I work 40 hours or so a week, sleep 7 hours or so a night, that leaves a lot of time for gaming...

Ha.  Some of us have other things we like to do as well as game.  We also have insane significant others that get all complainy when we don't pay attention to them :P

My wife spend a lot of time gaming ( mostly playing MMORPGs so she does not complain when I game ;))

And gaming isn't the only thing I do, I read about 50 books/year on my kindle...

One of reason I have a lot of time to game is probably that I hardly watch TV except some NFL and NBA games...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

I'm on my first playthrough of the game. If I started New Game plus when I finish, will my tallies for certain trophies carry over? For example, there is a trophy for dismembering 2500 Necromorph limbs. If I only dismember 2000 limbs in my first playthrough, would I only need to dismember 500 in New Game plus? Or do those types of trophies need to be done in a single playthrough?

The trophies for all those goals such as dismembering 2500 limbs and sucking 20 enemies out in a vacuum need to be finished on a new game . It's not possible in 1 playthrough. Apparently all kill trophies are culmulative on all playthroughs including Hardcore. 

HideoK said:
Arcturus said:

The trophies for all those goals such as dismembering 2500 limbs and sucking 20 enemies out in a vacuum need to be finished on a new game . It's not possible in 1 playthrough. Apparently all kill trophies are culmulative on all playthroughs including Hardcore. 

Thanks HideoK, that's good to know. I was starting to worry that I won't have enough opportunities in one playthrough to achieve everything.

Ail said:

My wife spend a lot of time gaming ( mostly playing MMORPGs so she does not complain when I game ;))

And gaming isn't the only thing I do, I read about 50 books/year on my kindle...

One of reason I have a lot of time to game is probably that I hardly watch TV except some NFL and NBA games...

Yeah, I watch quite a bit of TV.  I blame the advent of HD and DVRs for that.

And my massive video game collection is dwarfed by my even more massive movie collection.

Am about to start ME2...the trophies look troublesome, but after Star Ocean LH all other games seem like less of a grind

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

HideoK said:
Ail said:

3 pts behind Hideok on plat ranking, look out next week I am passing you !!!!

Ail, Not if I can help it! Mwahahahaha.

I asumme you have a 4 star plat coming up? Or four 1 star plats? lol. Well I just beat Dead Space 2 Zealot mode yesterday and this weekend I'm going to fly through Hardcore mode. If all goes well I should have another 3 pts this tuesday.

Don't fuck with HideoK

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes