By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

With the Sly collection I'll be going up but my platinum average is going to plumet.

Around the Network
Ail said:

Arcturus,

Minor issue in the update, you forgot to list mass effect 2 in your table with the number of stars each platinum is worth..

Mm looks like you have it a 2 stars, I think that's about right.

3 pts behind Hideok on plat ranking, look out next week I am passing you !!!!

Thanks for catching that. I must have forgot to refresh the table before posting it. I'll fix that.

Thx for the update Arcturus, great work.

I think I would be high on that list if I didn't also have 84,000 achievements...

Thanks for the update Arcturus.

Have been playing LBP2. I see that to ace them all and get all bubbles will be a pain.

But the game is fun, and some of the community levels are mind-blowingly awesome.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
SinZinDetta said:

I think I would be high on that list if I didn't also have 84,000 achievements...

So if retail games on Xbox 360 net you a maximum of 1000 points, that would mean you've completely completed 84 games - equal to the sum of getting 84 platinum trophies (and all the bronze/silver/gold trophies that come with them).

Each retail game on PS3 gives us 80 points (the range is 78 - 82, averaging 80). So simply 84 x 80 = 6720 points, which will place you in 2nd place on this league's chart.

Another way to calculate is simply dividing 1000 by 80 - we get the "currency convertor" (achievement points to trophy points) of 12.5, hence 84000 divided by 12.5 also equals to 6720.

Either way this is all vain talk. Achievements are worthless here!!

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

KylieDog said:

^^ That is broken math since you can have 84000 achievements without finishing a single game to 1000/1000.

No but I'm just ultimately calculating trophy points, as the main chart of this league is ranked by the order of points. Platinum ranking, and the star rating/points customly allocated for the particular purpose of this league, is another story. I assumed when he mentioned "high on that list", he meant the former chart, not the latter.

So my conversion of 84000 Xbox points to 84 games all platinumed out was just a way of measurement, of the total "weight" if all his achievements were trophies instead.

Perhaps it's clearer to just stick to 12.5 as the magic number of conversion! =)

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

No one has plat'd NBA Jam?  I wonder if I can pull that off someday.  I suck at it about as much as I did back in 1992 though.

Congrats to viewtiful_jon for plat'ing WKC! I thought I would be the only one to ever do so for a long, long time (well, I was the only one since July 2010). How many hours did you have before that glorious crown finally popped?

On other news, I am close to getting the plat for LBP2. I need to get 50 unique players to play my levels, do the "Yay/Boo 160" trophy, as well as 25 online Versus wins and 24 hours Create mode trophy. I finally got 100% prize bubbles yesterday and it was not easy aiming and firing the Creatinator with 4 controllers on the last x4 section I needed.

Esquoret said:
SinZinDetta said:

So if retail games on Xbox 360 net you a maximum of 1000 points, that would mean you've completely completed 84 games - equal to the sum of getting 84 platinum trophies (and all the bronze/silver/gold trophies that come with them).

Each retail game on PS3 gives us 80 points (the range is 78 - 82, averaging 80). So simply 84 x 80 = 6720 points, which will place you in 2nd place on this league's chart.

Another way to calculate is simply dividing 1000 by 80 - we get the "currency convertor" (achievement points to trophy points) of 12.5, hence 84000 divided by 12.5 also equals to 6720.

Either way this is all vain talk. Achievements are worthless here!!

Thats interesting, thanks for the insight even though I really don't play much for the two (achievements/trophies. I will aim for them but I do not go uber insane and go for the really hard ones that are not fun to get or play really crappy games for them. I just play a lot of games since I got married and my job does not require I go to bed before 3 am.

So anyway, anyone wanna make a achievement trophy league... anyone..?